Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wizard nebula NGC7380 First Light with Esprit100

carastro

I received the Esprit100 back in June, but then had to wait for the focal reducer to come into stock, I didn't want to simply use the recommended flattener as one of the reasons I bought this scope was because I wanted faster optics as I have been thoroughly spoilt with the Samyang lens. 

The Esprit is f5.5 and with the TS Optics TS PHOTOLINE 2 79x reducer, this brings it down to f 4.34.

Anyway, the image:
Atik460EX and Esprit100 +  TS Optics TS PHOTOLINE 2 79x reducer
HEQ5

POD dome had to be taken off the walls onto the dome table as the target was at the Zenith, so also had to wait for the wind to die down.

Ha 28 x 600  4h 40m
Oiii & Sii 18 x 300 binned (each) 3h
RGB for stars 3 x 150 each (binned)

Total imaging time 8 hours during bright waning gibbous Moon (3 nights past Full Moon).

The last time I attempted this target from Bortle 8 it was awful (a number of years ago now).

spacer.png

• Like 44

Love it !!!!  I know that's not a very analytical response but I am viewing it on my monitor at work which is poor quality and has odd colour casts and is constantly getting brighter then dimmer !!

It's one of my favourite targets and I can only dream of getting as much time on it as you have.

Well done.

• Like 2

Is this a crop ?

Would like to see the full image if possible

No it's not a crop, it's the full frame, but I did take a tiny slither off the top and bottom to remove stacking artifacts.

Thanks Sunshine.

Carole

• Thanks 1

Thanks Allinthehead (are you Richard?)

Carole 

I've been called worse

Been trying to marry you up to Richard Sweeney on Astrobin as I have some of your images bookmarked for something to aim for.  In particular your Gecko Nebula. 

Carole 

23 hours ago, carastro said:

Thanks Paul.

To get a faster Focal ration, see the first post.

Carole 

Personally I use the term wider rather than faster, a reducer shortens the light cone of the focal length so you get a wider fov, cant see how a photon can be made to go faster..its already travelling at the speed of light anyway..and f5.5 not ( fast) enough?