Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

12" Dob from an importer called "blue scarf" came up in my feed only 19.95!

10 minutes ago, Waddensky said:

There's a discussion on another forum where the OP actually ordered one to see what's going to happen.

Possibly this according to one of the reviews. 🙄

The telescope in the ad is a 12 inch.what I got was a cheep 25mm monocular that does not even have a focus

42 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Possibly this according to one of the reviews. 🙄

The telescope in the ad is a 12 inch.what I got was a cheep 25mm monocular that does not even have a focus

Perhaps it was 12" long? 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Waddensky said:

Perhaps it was 12" long? 😋

:D Reminds me of when my mother purchased some furniture back in the early 1960's, because it came with a free cedar chest; the chest was about 10" long, lol. 

• Like 2

Scammers are getting smarter because they actually send you something (not all what was advertised), which makes it harder to claim fraud than if they sent nothing at all.  They also steal in smaller amounts than in the past.  Governmental authorities tend not to investigate petty theft like this.

According to one of the OP's links, they'll actually send you a 25mm monocular instead of a 12" Dob, for which $20 isn't such a bad price (should be about $10).  Thus, it's not even petty theft.

Edited by Louis D

Best one I remember was about fifty years ago. There was a small back page add in the newspaper which stated " Your Last Chance " - send  $10.oo to ***********

There was no mention of what the last chance was about, or even if you would receive anything in return, lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HollyHound said:

Oh damn, if I'd have spotted that one earlier, I wouldn't have bothered ordering the 10" Bresser dob and saved myself some money 🤣

See if they'll price match and refund the difference. 😉

• Haha 2

On 03/11/2020 at 04:52, Spacecake2 said:

if it was goto i would have went for it 😂 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 02/11/2020 at 23:52, Spacecake2 said:

I knew it was a scam, but I had to see... there always was that little underlying hope... Ordered Nov 28 with expedited shipping, after not receiving in a reasonable amount of time, I emailed them- email bounced back invalid... so, I opened a dispute with paypal... Paypal has you try to settle with seller prior to stepping in, I tried to have them guarantee that the above telescope was in fact on it's way, they beat around the bush not confirming it was an actual telescope.  Well today my package arrived... this is what was in it...  A monocular LMAO, also check out the reviews they had (3rd pic)... since opening paypal dispute, they have changed their website to:  https://www.usclesanddeve.com/ and contact goes to OPPS, but if you go to returns this is the email....kaihuaan @bluescarfstore.com orginally it was service@bluescarfstore.com     It's my mission to continue to track them and keep shutting them down.... I despise liars, cheats, and scammers....store

telescope1.jpg

telescope2.jpg

m21.jpg

telescope email censored.jpg

telescope receipt censored.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Go see the sky together- SCAM ALERT
After not receiving my item, bogus tracking number, and paid the extra couple of $ for expedited shipping, I emailed them to get the email bounce back unknown address. SO I looked to see if the site was a scam, I already had a feeling but I had a friend who ordered hair clippers off another site and they actually came and as described. I realize now, that my order was in fact not of a telescope to see the stars.. if you look at the first photo, in the top right corner it says 25mm plossl eyepiece, now a consumer would assume that's included, but after reading the reviews below, I believe that is what I am going to get. Going to have to contact PAYPAL since I have not received the order with expedited shipping. I knew it was too good to be true. Shame on this site, and shame on whomever allows it to be associated with Paypal, they should govern who they connect themselves with. Unless I hear back from bluescarf with the true tracking information and guarantee that I am receiving the advertised M-21 telescope, I am going to do everything in my power to shut them down! Good thing I'm in social media marketing :)

OUTCOME: I received my money back after numerous back paypal convos.docxand forth between me, paypal and some guy named Kaihaan @ kaihuaan at bluescarf.store, who only offered up to 70% and not sending the monocular back after the 5th email. BTW they admitted that China is not letting parcels into the country due to Covid, so how would we even return it. DO NOT SETTLE, keep going back and forth with them until you get 100% money back, (Paypal should protect you, I received reimbursement through Paypal) Also, please report them @ reportfraud.ftc.gov/. It is going to be my mission to put them out of business so if anyone has their new links, please post, They've already changed it once since I've begun, I'm staying on top of them until they're done!!!! Thanks everyone.  (PLEASE NOTE: address they gave via paypal DOES NOT EXIST VIA GOOGLE SEARCH)

censored ad.jpg

censored contact us.png

censored delivery.jpg

censored emails.png

censored packaging.jpg

censored return.jpg

censored return1.jpg

censored return2.jpg

censored telescope email.jpg

censored telescope receipt.jpg

censored google search.jpg

On 12/01/2021 at 21:09, Louis D said:

Did you get a full refund?

yes, it took a bunch of back and forth, but I did finally get a Full refund, and did not have to send the monocular back.... Will I see the stars with it, No, but who was I kidding anyways, I live in NJ... We hardly ever see the stars :)  I'll be using my startracker app until I save up for this sucker. the real thing... https://www.highpointscientific.com/apertura-dt8-8-inch-dobsonian-telescope?utm_source=pepperjam&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=219103&utm_content=8-12476&clickId=3457512518 $460... but it'll be worth it