NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AB&S.......

paul mc c

Not working for me. Tried two laptops with different browsers and Windows versions but does not work on either. Just get a dialogue box citing an IP address issue and the 401 message asking for a logon and password. I didn't do this but I have e.mailed the admins of the website to see what is going on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John said:

Not working for me. Tried two laptops with different browsers and Windows versions but does not work on either. Just get a dialogue box citing an IP address issue and the 401 message asking for a logon and password. I didn't do this but I have e.mailed the admins of the website to see what is going on.

OK...also tried other devices and didn't work,at least its not only me,will keep an eye on what they reply to you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jock1958 said:

Told me to log into their back up site last week, did that and it’s never been so quick!

Everytime I try the backup site, I get a 'malicious site' warning!

The normal site is working for me. I bought a UHC filter yesterday and it's OK just now, too.

5 minutes ago, jock1958 said:

Told me to log into their back up site last week, did that and it’s never been so quick!

I got that last week as well and the backup site worked fine.

Clearly they have been having some issues there recently. The latest seems more selective though.

Just now, John said:

I got that last week as well and the backup site worked fine.

Clearly they have been having some issues there recently. The latest seems more selective though.

Maybe its a conspiracy against all the good looking astronomers....😁

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Pixies said:

Everytime I try the backup site, I get a 'malicious site' warning!

The normal site is working for me. I bought a UHC filter yesterday and it's OK just now, too.

Didn’t get a malicious warning just that they had issues and log into backup site, seems to be working a lot quicker for me,  it’s like I’ve got super fast broadband which I haven’t 🤨

I've heard back from Paul at the UKAB&S website. Apparently my IP had been blocked for some reason. He has asked me to check a couple of things and then he will unblock my IP address.

Very odd but very helpful from Paul. First time this has happened in all the years I've been using the site.

I've not actually logged onto the site to post any adverts for the past 6 months which is a little unusual for me.

So hopefully that will be sorted soon. Maybe you need to e.mail Paul, Paul ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John said:

I've heard back from Paul at the UKAB&S website. Apparently my IP had been blocked for some reason. He has asked me to check a couple of things and then he will unblock my IP address.

Very odd but very helpful from Paul. First time this has happened in all the years I've been using the site.

I've not actually logged onto the site to post any adverts for the past 6 months which is a little unusual for me.

Cheers John,i will do that,how did you contact him,i cant get anything on the site to make contact,thanks for letting me know.

1 hour ago, paul mc c said:

Cheers John,i will do that,how did you contact him,i cant get anything on the site to make contact,thanks for letting me know.

The e.mail address to use is webmaster@astrobuysell.com

I'm sure that it's OK to post that here because it's on display on the UKAB&S website.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John said:

6-months? Clear-out overdue, John? 
Certainly something I need to do.....

🙂