Astromaster 130eq 100 Facebook marketplace

Skywatcher 6 inch dobsonian 219 New

(Maybe skywatcher 8 inch) 289 new

Skywatcher 90 evostar 155 new

Skywatcher 102starquest mak

(maybe 102/120 evostar refractors)

I need honest opinions. May the best win. Planetary 80:20 dso

Edited by Nair al Saif

You never specified where you would be observing from and if transporting the telescope would be an issue.  For example, I put together a 127 Mak on an alt-az mount for my daughter and her fiancé to take along on camping trips in her CUV.  There wouldn't be room in the back for an 8" Dob with all of their camping gear.  I also thinking of sending along my AT72ED if the 127 Mak's narrow field of view becomes an issue for them.

A newtonian on an alt-azimuth mount is basically what a dobsonian is. Buying a newtonian tube and an altazimuth mount separately will cost more than a complete dobsonian of the same aperture.

I'm not sure we (or you) are getting far with this thread to be honest with you :icon_scratch:

If you really do not want a dobsonian then best to say so and take them off the list.

• Like 2