Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first Moon mosaic - and 42 pieces

tooth_dr

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Nice Mosaic, wel done. Its a lot of work i know, processing time alone is enormouse. you certainly done the right thing aligning the camera so your keypad moved, as our brains think. otherwise you would have been in all sorts of trouble. 5 min avis must have slowed you down somewhat, when i tried doing large mosaics ( ive yet to succed in a full one ) i tend to shoot 2000 frames a avi, but more frames wouldnt hurt, as it gives you more choice over quality, but at the expense of capture time.

Now do that 3x closer half moon under good seeing, would love to see that, if you can get sharp panes all the way, which isnt easy, as seeing often goes down hill.

By doing this mosaic, your actually training yourself, so the chance of success of a higher mag version increases. My advice, (and really it doesnt look like you need it ) is to not let too much time elapse after doing this, and attempting the 3x version, as we tend to get sloppy after months of not working in the feild. I know this because it happens to me. both on lunar and planets. But youve masterd it now. dont stop. your getting rather good at this. So come on give us that hi res version I DARE YOU lol Nice work

• 1 year later...

Archived