Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Elephant's Trunk Nebula IC1396

carastro

Taken over 3 nights as it was late rising over the house tops with little Astro darkness. 

Atik460EX and Samyang 135mm F2 lens @ F2.8
HEQ5
Ha 4 x 900
Ha 15 x 600
Oiii 10 x 300 binned
Sii 12 x 300x2
RGB stars 6 x 150 (each
Total of 6 hours 5mins

spacer.png

• Like 23

Whoaaa, yeah for me that looks better. I would also try to remove a little of the purple from the background although I know how near impossible it is to identify true "space" in such a nebulous area. Not criticisms in anyway more personal taste, it's a gorgeous image. I look forward to your comments on my Butterfly neb that I'll be posting shortly. 🙂 

• Like 1

I've done another version, as I am never really a fan of those burnt yellow colours.  This is the same palette but just processed differently, and I also did some star reduction which i think always shows up the Nebulosity better.

Image deleted, decided I didn't like this version.

Carole 

Edited by carastro
  • Like 4

That is a stunning image Carole.  These things are monitor dependent.  On my uncalibrated laptop the first image is peachy perfect with a little background sky glow and very nicely rendered background dust.  Well done.  It is on my to do list and this is exactly the result I am aspiring to.

• Like 1

2nd effort is in my mind the best of the lot. Very nice image with lots of detail. Well done  Carole.

Can't wait for the Galloway Star camp to try to more data for my attempt at this. Only managed a few  subs of Ha so far.

Derek

• Like 1

Thanks Olly and every-one else who has replied.

I have done what I hope, is one last tweak to the version every-one seems to prefer.  Its the same image but with a bit of star reduction and a colour balance which produced a colour that I preferred.

spacer.png

Edited by carastro
  • Like 4