SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astro Alice & dad

Astro Alice and dad

Hi all, my daughter and I have just joined the forum as Alice is a huge space fan and is desperate to get into stargazing.  As well as obviously wanting to become an astronaut!

We have been reviewing lots of scopes and beginner scopes etc for a while now so will probably post something further in the equipment discussions but wanted to say hello first.

Just reading through forums like this can be mind bending but the help and comments are invaluable.

• Like 5

Welcome Alice and Dad :hello:

That's a great starter scope!  For the moment I'd stick with the eyepieces it comes with.  I certainly wouldn't go for the 2.5mm one to start with - don't be sucked into thinking higher magnification is always good.  A smaller, brighter image will often show more detail.

Have fun!

Helen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Astro Alice and dad said:

Thank you Helen, I suppose looking at the astronomy tools website and field of view is influencing us at the minute.  However I think we will start with what comes out of the box.

Andrew

Good plan 👍. The lower power eyepieces will have a wider field of view too.  This will make getting and keeping your object in view easier - you'll be surprised how quickly they (or rather we!) move 😉

Have fun

Helen

• Thanks 1