NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello again from Hampshire

Kluson

Hi everyone. Beginner here. We bought our NexStar 6 SE in 2012. but one thing after another meant we didn't use it. Now I have retired my wife and I have a lot more time to use the kit. I have a star sense for it and hope I can get some help to update the firmware. I posted in the right section for that I hope.

We're living in Hampshire and plan to join the Andover club, once the lockdown is over

So glad I found you all again and looking forward to using the telescope.

Stay safe and well everyone

Dave

Welcome back Dave. There is a nice comet in Ursa Major you may want to look at. You can either center Messier 82 and move the telescope via the hand controller to the left or to the right to find it or you can use the GOTO RA and Dec option. For the former I have attached a simple chart I made for locating it. For the latter it is at Right Ascension 10h 17m 43s Declination +68° 56’ 36.

M81 M82 and C2017 T2.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all thanks so much for the kind words of welcome , and thanks so much to Dr Strange for his recommendation.

We are blown away, it really is amazing. We used the telescope for the first time on Sunday and we were just amazed. We didn't have the goto set up we just looked up with the telescope. It was truly breathtaking. Please forgive a beginners awe, but that is the first time we have looked through a telescope. We've had a dabble with some very low quality binoculars , but this was just amazing. will be out again tonight.

To all the fellow Hampshirians ( is that a word) , well it is now, we are not far from Andover.

Thanks again for your help, and kind words of encouragement  

David

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2020 at 13:21, PeterCPC said:

Hello and welcome. I'm not far from Andover either.

Peter

Hi Peter.

Are you a member of the Andover Astronomical society or any other clubs. I have been looking at some of your pictures. i would really like to get into Astro Photography, and would appreciate a little help and advice, Many thanks

D

On 27/05/2020 at 01:19, Kluson said:

To all the fellow Hampshirians ( is that a word)

Hello again David and welcome back. From Southampton myself and we always referred to ourselves as good old "Hampshire Hogs",

maybe to do with the wild pigs roaming the New Forest perhaps? :) 

• Like 1