SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello From Walsall

BLUEThumb

Hi everyone

Complete nubie   i havent even got anything accept a pair of binoculars,although after watching the ISS  come over our house ,with my wife the other night, and then having a look at some stars which  we found  out of this world  (pardon the pun) i/we are looking at getting a telescope,more than likely a skywatcher probably a  Dobsobium  skyliner 153mm,but not sure if its going to be  a second hand one or new one. (Any Help Will Be Appreciated)

I am pretty quiet on the forums,as i like to sit on the sidelines and read and learn ,with the occasional post, but will look forward to conversing when something presents itself,along with asking for help if and WHEN needed.

I am now semi retired,but thinking of retiring for good ,so got time on my hands.

Thanks

Tony

Welcome. Hope you enjoy the forum ... and your new scope. A Dob is a very good choice but have a look around and see what might suit you best before taking the plunge. 

Have lots of fun. 🙂

Hi Tony  welcome I am new too 6 months and 3 telescopes  later lol , I was going dobs but most of the dark sites I use need a tripod to get things level  so what I have is an Orion Optics VX8L on a HEQ5 go-to mount , the telescope before was a skywatcher 150/750 F5 , buying a telescope is a big thing and you need to get it right so ask loads of questions ,post links to what your looking at and the members on here will give there answers on how good it is 

All my telescope are second hand first one was ok , the skywatcher 150/750 cost me £120 and was nice , the VX8L cost when new over £1300 I got it for £600 so I got a lot for very little money so was worth going second hand

Hello Tony and welcome to SGL. I agree the second hand market is a great place to search once decided on what type of telescope will give you what you require.

I started off with a 130 Skywatcher Newtonian which was cheep but performed very well for the cost. I then owned the SW 200p dobsonian and bang for buck is the best I've owned, I'm sure the 150 dob would be a great choice too and great for planets and deep sky observations.

Good luck with your scope search.

Regards Paul.

On 29/03/2020 at 21:31, BLUEThumb said:

Hi everyone

Complete nubie   i havent even got anything accept a pair of binoculars,although after watching the ISS  come over our house ,with my wife the other night, and then having a look at some stars which  we found  out of this world  (pardon the pun) i/we are looking at getting a telescope,more than likely a skywatcher probably a  Dobsobium  skyliner 153mm,but not sure if its going to be  a second hand one or new one. (Any Help Will Be Appreciated)

I am pretty quiet on the forums,as i like to sit on the sidelines and read and learn ,with the occasional post, but will look forward to conversing when something presents itself,along with asking for help if and WHEN needed.

I am now semi retired,but thinking of retiring for good ,so got time on my hands.

Thanks

Tony

Hi from up the road in Brownhills. Do you go to Walsall Astronomy Society?