NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ZWO ASIAIR Pro Incoming

FLO

You can now pre-order one of the new ZWO ASIAIR Pro units at FLO 🙂 

The new ASIAIR Pro is a significant upgrade to the original ASIAIR:

Power input / outputs:  DC 12v @ 5A (min voltage 11.5V, max current 6A). 4x 12v / 3A DC output ports, 2.1*5.5mm center positive.
Improved Storage:  32GB TF card with 20GB free and an additional 64GB USB drive supplied (plus you can use your own external storage)
Improved Mounting:  A redesigned case makes the ASIAIR Pro easier to mount using your scopes dovetail bar.
New CNC Aluminium Case:  New metal case is much stronger and better at dissipating heat with minimal impact on WiFi signal.
Pro Software Features:  Live stacking, automated meridian flip and more features in development!

Our first delivery is expected around mid January. 

zwo_asiair_pro_a.jpg

We are also providing an ASiair Trade-In service that enables you to trade-in your original ZWO ASiair to receive £100 discount off the price of a new ASIAIR Pro 🙂 

If you are keen to receive an ASiair Pro ASAP you are welcome to order one first then apply for the £100 discount while waiting for our delivery to arrive (we will simply refund the £100 when we receive your ASiair). 

I think we just broke the record for the number of pre-orders received for a single item in the first hour! 😯

I am a little nervous because we don't yet know how many we will receive in our first delivery...

Placing a pre-order will secure you a position in the queue and we promise to allocate and dispatch ASIAIR Pro units in date order. 

Steve 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The latest from ZWO regarding availability of ASiair Pro is “The first small batch of ASIAIR PRO will be available around the middle of Jan., 2020, more will be available around the end of Feb., 2020.

HTH, 

Steve 

Hello there I have been looking at the Primaluce Eagle Core and with all the extras I would need the cost is in excess of £800 so I have been looking at alternatives such as the ASIAIR, I quite fancy the new on that comes out Jan/Feb next year, but I, as always, have questions. I have a Sesto Senso focuser, will the air support that and will it work 100%? What other cables will I need;

my kit consists of an AVX mount, Canon 600d camera and an Explore Scientific ed80apo scope. I will purchase a ZWOASI 120mm-s for the guide scope I will also buy.

Will everything work ok?

On 17/12/2019 at 14:17, FLO said:

Our first delivery is expected around mid January. 

On 17/12/2019 at 16:14, FLO said:

I think we just broke the record for the number of pre-orders received for a single item in the first hour! 😯

I am a little nervous because we don't yet know how many we will receive in our first delivery...

On 28/12/2019 at 11:31, FLO said:

The latest from ZWO regarding availability of ASiair Pro is “The first small batch of ASIAIR PRO will be available around the middle of Jan., 2020, more will be available around the end of Feb., 2020.

Unfortunately our latest communication from ZWO suggests delivery mid-Jan will slip to mid-Feb. 

We have however been promised one this month for testing purposes. We will then be in a better position to answer questions. 

Thank-you for your patience, we understand how frustrating this can be. 

Steve 

On 28/12/2019 at 12:01, Dinoboy said:

Hello there I have been looking at the Primaluce Eagle Core and with all the extras I would need the cost is in excess of £800 so I have been looking at alternatives such as the ASIAIR, I quite fancy the new on that comes out Jan/Feb next year, but I, as always, have questions. I have a Sesto Senso focuser, will the air support that and will it work 100%? What other cables will I need;

my kit consists of an AVX mount, Canon 600d camera and an Explore Scientific ed80apo scope. I will purchase a ZWOASI 120mm-s for the guide scope I will also buy.

Will everything work ok?

The ASIAIR is for ASI cameras and kit only, although it uses the superb INdI software and is a basic copy of the superb Stellarmate OS software, I think there is a change in the software to make it only work with there cameras....so I would look into that a bit deeper before you take the plunge...

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2020 at 14:19, FLO said:

...... Unfortunately our latest communication from ZWO suggests delivery mid-Jan will slip to mid-Feb. 

We have however been promised one this month for testing purposes. ......................

Steve 

Hi Steve, did you get one and what are your first impressions?

Edited by Grierson
Spelling!

31 minutes ago, Grierson said:

Hi Steve, did you get one and what are your first impressions?

Quite a coincidence because I just logged in to say we have received a ZWO stock delivery 🙂 

Unfortunately we have received only a small number of new ZWO ASiair Pro. We will dispatch them all (we are not retaining any for testing or demo) to customers ASAP but that will only scratch the surface of our customer backorder list 😟

We have been promised another much larger delivery around mid-Feb so the majority of customer orders will be cleared then. 

After the Feb delivery we expect the supply situation will improve considerably. 

Thank-you for your patience, 

Steve 

• Like 1

On 28/12/2019 at 13:01, Dinoboy said:

Will everything work ok?

On 03/01/2020 at 15:30, WanderingEye said:

The ASIAIR is for ASI cameras and kit only, although it uses the superb INdI software and is a basic copy of the superb Stellarmate OS software, I think there is a change in the software to make it only work with there cameras....so I would look into that a bit deeper before you take the plunge...

Some dslr models (Canon & Nikon) are also supported. More info on the zwo site.

https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/product/asiair-pro

Fantastic little devices! 

Definitely changed the game when it comes to setting up/stripping down every night. I just disconnect the three cables from the mount and lift the scope off with everything still in place. I've just setup, polar aligned and started a plan running in less than twenty minutes! 
IMG_20200118_211848.jpg.eeecbeeff6a34167245456cfdbbb2e22.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skyline said:

I am interested in this, just to get rid of the trailing cables, does the capture software work on windows ?

The unit is controlled via an app available from your app store. 

The unit broadcasts its own network which you connect your phone/tablet too however, in the latest update there is a new feature called 'wifi station mode'. Turning this on will allow the AsiAir to connect to your home network via wifi. This means you can be anywhere your home network signal reaches and be in full control of the unit. 

• Like 1

Congratulations Rob - Just our of sheer curiosity when did you preorder? 

I am wondering about getting one of these to power the PRO: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/power-accessories/zwo-12v-5a-ac-to-dc-power-supply-adapter-for-cooled-cameras.html I assume it is the right connections and will have enough grunt to power the dew heaters and device itself. :)

1 hour ago, Muzz said:

Congratulations Rob - Just our of sheer curiosity when did you preorder? 

I am wondering about getting one of these to power the PRO: https://www.firstlightoptics.com/power-accessories/zwo-12v-5a-ac-to-dc-power-supply-adapter-for-cooled-cameras.html I assume it is the right connections and will have enough grunt to power the dew heaters and device itself. :)

My order went through on December 18 just over a month ago. (a new order : i didn't do a Mk 1 trade-in)

I have 2 Tracer cells and also a Celestron Powertank for when i'm out in the field. Hopefully they will be ok.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/batteries-powerpacks/celestron-lithium-lifepo4-powertank-pro.html