NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Good prospects

John

According to "Clear Outside" I have the prospect of 2, maybe 3 clear nights ahead.

Obviously darkness is still a late occurrance but I don't have work now so late nights are OK. 

It's quite breezy here so I'm debating whether to put the 12 inch dob out or a refractor. Or maybe both and see how things pan out ?

Hope others have similar prospects as well :smiley:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Cloud, cold wind and blooming freezing here.

Dave

Dave, how can you have any cloud? Looks clear everywhere? Must say it seems a bit hazy and I've got a horrible feeling that muck out in the North Sea will come in sooner rather than later, but the scope is out and I will have a go until about midnight perhaps. 6am alarm :(

20190627_203134.jpg

It looks a touch hazy here as well. Very blustery though, but warm wind. I've put the 130 frac out for now. The dob might join it if the gusts of wind die down. 

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

Dave, how can you have any cloud? Looks clear everywhere? Must say it seems a bit hazy and I've got a horrible feeling that muck out in the North Sea will come in sooner rather than later, but the scope is out and I will have a go until about midnight perhaps. 6am alarm :(

20190627_203134.jpg

This is the UK, cloud is ALWAYS spoiling astro-prospects somewhere 🙂

• Like 2

The 4" refractor is out until midnight'ish as I also have an early start, for Scotland, to spend some time with a dear friend.

The sky here is totally clear with just a very light breeze, looking very good.

15 minutes ago, Stu said:

Sat24 shows the nice finger of cloud over me :hmh:

And here's a pic'

Dave

Clouds.png.c3ec09a0ee187b1ea7a0b363d4ffa7fa.png

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

Sat24 shows the nice finger of cloud over me :hmh:

And here's a pic'

Dave

Clouds.png.c3ec09a0ee187b1ea7a0b363d4ffa7fa.png

I think you are the world's unluckiest man, weatherwise Dave :(

That's a real bummer Dave, just goes to show, it only needs a tiny finger cloud to completely ruin your night.

Been getting some twilight flats while waiting for darkness.

Jupiter is rubbish tonight whatever I view it with !

The frac is in and the 12 inch dob is out. M13 and M57 are looking decent at least although it's not really dark yet.

10 minutes ago, Gina said:

Is it dark enough?  Obviously it must be.

I'm working on my all sky camera.

Just about. I did start somewhat optimistically when the sky was still noticeably bright, but I've imaged in NB under similar conditions in Ruislip. Getting reasonably dark now.

• Like 1