Hi from NW UK

banjaxed

Hi from NW UK. I was a member here a few years ago but because of circulation problems I could not stay out in the cold for more than 2/3 minutes, which made it very limiting for stargazing.

Fortunately my circulation has improved enough for me to continue in the fascinating world of astronomy and I am looking forward to being an active member of this excellent forum.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Startinez said:

Welcome back, Maurice.

Glad to hear the circulation has improved enough to allow you to return to doing something you enjoy.

Thank you, and yes I am delighted that I can return to this great hobby.

Welcome. Hope you have lots of fun in your rejuvenated state. ?

Can I tentatively ask whether you really mean NW UK or NW England? Just call me a troublesome Jock if you must but there is a difference ...

2 hours ago, Floater said:

Welcome. Hope you have lots of fun in your rejuvenated state. ?

Can I tentatively ask whether you really mean NW UK or NW England? Just call me a troublesome Jock if you must but there is a difference ...

Hi Gordon, thank you for the welcome. Sorry I was not more precise about my location, it is NW England. Are you anywhere near Edinburgh as we have friends there and visit about 2 /3 times a year.

Greetings BJ, and welcome back to the SGL school of Astronomy. Congrats on your recovery from the circulation difficulties you had, must have been been nasty for you.     You live in the NW of England you said, so perhaps as far up as Cumbria? I live in Carlisle.

Hope you enjoy your return to this fine group of  like minded people.

Best Wishes 

Ron 

1 hour ago, banjaxed said:

Hi Gordon, thank you for the welcome. Sorry I was not more precise about my location, it is NW England. Are you anywhere near Edinburgh as we have friends there and visit about 2 /3 times a year.

You’re still welcome ... but maybe change your location signature? England is NOT the UK! ???????

Nothing political just a matter of fact which seems to be beyond the ken of too many of my fellow Brits. Edinburgh is just about 56°N. As my sig shows I’m at 57°N, in Aberdeen, and that’s about two and a half hours’ drive - something else that often surprises people in lower parts of the UK. ?

12 hours ago, barkis said:

Greetings BJ, and welcome back to the SGL school of Astronomy. Congrats on your recovery from the circulation difficulties you had, must have been been nasty for you.     You live in the NW of England you said, so perhaps as far up as Cumbria? I live in Carlisle.

Hope you enjoy your return to this fine group of  like minded people.

Best Wishes 

Ron 

Hi Ron,

Thank you for the welcome. My circulation is not completely back to normal but it has improved.

You come from a lovely part of the country, one of my favourite areas.

Maurice.

Archived