I thought this would be so much easier!

Dowina

Hi all. Sol here in an unusually mild for time of year south of the UK. Great forum. Hope to learn a lot and...I definitely need to learn a LOT!

I think I had somewhat unrealistic expectations with my first telescope (Celestron 127 SLT) and I am starting to wonder if I made the right choice. Anyway that's for another thread, just wanted to pop in here and say hello!

Dowina

Welcome from down under

We all wonder if made right choice with first scope

My first scope was 10" collapsible Dob, which still is my first weapon of choice for viewing

Just sit on the ground, aim to where want to view, and done

Later on got a SW ED80 on an EQ5 mount, primarily for AP

Now also have a SolarMax 11 which also goes on the EQ5 mount

John   

1 minute ago, Ben the Ignorant said:

Could be you didn't overestimate your scope but you underestimated how light pollution or turbulence can slash its ability. How dark is your sky?

Ahh now, there I do have a problem. Quite high light pollution here including a street lamp right outside my apartment :(  However, I still can't get anything in focus during the day time. I started a new thread about it all. 

Welcome to SGL, Well light pollution is a horrid thing but there still should be some objects to see and further more ways to compensate like Electronic Assisted Astronomy or EAA and Astrophotography. There are also ways to better deal with light pollution from a visual observing standpoint and I think you will find things may be better than what they currently seem after learning a little more from all the friendly folks here on SGL...

Best of Luck, Clear Skies and Chin Up knowing you have come to the right place ?

Freddie...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived