Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

William Optics RedCat 51 APO - White?

RedCat telescopes are thin on the ground at the moment while William Optics struggle to meet demand. 

They say they have a small number of 'White' RedCats (a WhiteCat? ?) so if you have a Red RedCat on backorder and don't mind switching to a White model - please let us know. 

We found this photo on WO's Facebook page that shows the white model: 

william_optics_redcat_white.jpg

• Like 4

We have pre-emptively ordered a handful (there aren’t many available) of white RedCats in addition to the red RedCats already incoming (we hope!). When they arrive we will offer them to those still waiting for red ones ?

Thank-you for your patience. 

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2019 at 12:38, FLO said:

We have pre-emptively ordered a handful (there aren’t many available) of white RedCats in addition to the red RedCats already incoming (we hope!). When they arrive we will offer them to those still waiting for red ones ?

Thank-you for your patience. 

Steve 

My question is do you have the ZS81 on order at the same time? If so when?

25 minutes ago, Adam J said:

My question is do you have the ZS81 on order at the same time? If so when?

Probably. Am not at my desk atm but will check when we reopen in the morning ? 

Steve 

The way things are going, there will be a need to form   a 'Red Cat Club.'
Sound good that. Well, it does to me anyway .
The Whites will need to apply for honorary membership :icon_biggrin:.

Ron.

Edited by barkis

The few white RedCats we had were dispatched to customers yesterday. Whether they be Red or White we (we will happily accept either!) we are back to waiting on William Optics for another delivery. They say some will arrive early-April (Red, we think). 

HTH, 

Steve 

27 minutes ago, Adam J said:

My preference is the white if I could afford one, it looks more professional to me.  

I think it is my preference too.

Opened one yesterday to make some photos for our website ? 

william_optics_redcat_white_1_sgl.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I have just got back from an astrophotography trip to La Palma with my astrobuddies

One of our group bough his new redcat with him and we were all very impressed with the fit and finish and completely flat FOV.

In particular what we all loved was the helical focuser and lock ring - very slick and oozes quality.

I'd love to upgrade from my WO Z61 to a red cat soon but I'd like to know if plans for a bigger version are in development?

Somewhere 60 to 70mm in aperture, about f5 to f6 would be ideal :)

3 hours ago, madjohn said:

I'd love to upgrade from my WO Z61 to a red cat soon but I'd like to know if plans for a bigger version are in development?

Hi John thought you'd left us, I have a Redcat and a WOZ61 and have no particular preference, the Redcat was out of alignment when I first received it and had to go back to be fixed, it's OK now, the WOZ61 with flattener is fine.

There were a few problems with the Redcat when first introduced, there's a thread on it somewhere if you have a search, the usual problems associated with multi lensed system and the needed QC which always seems lacking even in high end scopes.

I'm not that keen on the focuser on my Redcat which becomes very stiff at infinity focus making small adjustments difficult.

Dave

Edited by Davey-T