Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

iOptron Mounts at FLO

FLO

We have noticed over the last year at SGL iOptron mounts have been attracting positive attention and at FLO we are receiving more requests for them. We also met with Ray from Simplified Astro at last year's SGL Star Party, he was very impressed with his recently purchased iOptron CEM-120 mount. "The engineering is very nice" he said. "I think you might be missing out". Others around the table agreed so we tentatively approached iOptron in the US... 

Yesterday, iOptron made FLO a UK iOptron retailer. FLO is now part of the iOptron family ?

iOptron mounts and accessories are being added to our website as I type. The majority will be made live this week and our first stock order will arrive a week or so later. 

We shall post info and updates soon. 

It is going to be fun ? 

Steve

ioptron_cem_120_sgl.jpg

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, melsky said:

Great news, my ieq45 is a fantastic mount but I've been eyeing up the CEM60 and the sexy new CEM40, any news of when that will be available?

The CEM40 doesn't officially exist ?

It will be main feature at NEAF in the US, on the iOptron stand, April 6-7th. 

We don't have a release date but suffice to say we will add it to stock as soon as it becomes available. 

Steve

1 minute ago, FLO said:

The CEM40 doesn't officially exist ?

It will be main feature at NEAF in the US, on the iOptron stand, April 6-7th. 

We don't have a release date but suffice to say we will add it to stock as soon as it becomes available. 

Steve

Can't wait to replace my AZ-EQ5 with one of these :)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, melsky said:

Great news, my ieq45 is a fantastic mount but I've been eyeing up the CEM60 and the sexy new CEM40, any news of when that will be available?

D42F9F70-1368-43B5-BCEB-E7358834FBBD.jpeg

Stunning looking mount. Looks very nicely engineered! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lockie said:

@FLO will you be stocking any of the cube AZ goto mounts also?

Probably. 

Because this is a new line for FLO iOptron are advising us which models to stock. But if one is whispering your name please drop us an email ? 

HTH, 

Steve

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FLO said:

Probably. 

Because this is a new line for FLO iOptron are advising us which models to stock. But if one is whispering your name please drop us an email ? 

HTH, 

Steve

Oh don't tempt me Steve ;)  I'm selling at the moment to get house moving fees together. I was just curious because I remember looking at the Cube Pro a while ago as it looked like a really portable goto option for visual and EAA. I know the CEM mounts are excellent, but not sure about the Cubes. I can't remember how they reviewed?

Hopefully iOptron will give you plenty of options :)  

9 minutes ago, Lockie said:

I can't remember how they reviewed?

Neither can I but I daresay iOptron have listened to feedback over the years and applied under-the-hood mods and updates, so older reviews might not be relevant these days. 

Over time we will use the mounts ourselves and make some available for review.

We also need to open and assemble some for product photography so will have a small number (one of each mount we open) that will be sold open-box with discount. Please email us if interested ? 

Steve

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FLO said:

daresay iOptron have listened to feedback over the years and applied under-the-hood mods and updates, so older reviews might not be relevant these days. 

I know the iOptron Cube pro is the successor to the Cube, and they must have listened to feedback because they replaced the plastic gearing with metal gears, and started using tapered bearings and a beefed up tripod. I'll look into reviews of the lastest Cube pro and let you know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lockie said:

I know the iOptron Cube pro is the successor to the Cube, and they must have listened to feedback because they replaced the plastic gearing with metal gears, and started using tapered bearings and a beefed up tripod. 

I think they have been applying a lot of incremental improvements. Probably why they are now gaining positive comments here at SGL and have appeared on our radar. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FLO said:

I think they have been applying a lot of incremental improvements. Probably why they are now gaining positive comments here at SGL and have appeared on our radar. 

I know you only stock the finest, Steve. I'm slightly gutted that I have a soft spot for Meade, which as we all know aren't the finest lol 

• Like 1

Good news Steve. I recently did some research looking for a lightweight, high capacity AZ mount for visual and EAA, and the iOptron AZ Mount Pro came out near the top of the list; some very nice features and reviews were very good.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fwm891 said:

Will you be getting the CEM 60 standard model in - approx. when please

Francis

Yes. Definitely. We don't yet have firsthand experience of iOptron's lead times but we are estimating 1-2 weeks. 

Steve 

On 26/02/2019 at 15:21, AdeKing said:

Great news as I'm saving for an AZ Pro but am still a long way off yet. 

Good to know that I can source from FLO when the Piggy Bank is full though. 

Ade

I’m saving for the AZ Pro as well Ade ?. Probably have enough by my birthday mid year. Can’t wait. Great news #FLO

• Like 1

I bought my CEM60 3 years ago when they were not very popular  and doubts were expressed in forums re the magnetic clutches .  Mine has performed impeccably and  continues to do so.  I can thoroughly recommend the CEM 60.

It's good to see FLO will be stocking iOptron products as at the time I bought mine I had to get it from Germany as UK supplies were haphazard and scarce.

Ron

• Like 2