NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Now that i have my case all kitted out with snazzy new foam i thought i would post an updated pic. I have made a few changes since my original post (left pic) but now consider the collection complete :)

post-24496-13387774248_thumb.jpg

post-24496-133877742489_thumb.jpg

Very nice Damo.. should serve you well.

The complete set..is there such a thing? :):)

My thoughts too. I thought mine was pretty complete, but then I got the Pentax XF 8.5, so now want more Pentax stuff. That XW10 is on my wish list to replace the Radian 10, and an XW7 would be oh so nice for nights of really good seeing.

Lovely set damo, a real inspiration for me to work towards (the set never being finished ya know :D ). What happened to the antares 1.6 barlow?

In your 200p you get 46x, 92, 120, 150, 184, 240 and 300x if I am right.

and the 12" GSO 57x, 115, 150, 187, 230, 300, 375. A great range of magnifications mate.

Also, whats the middle object at the bottom of your case in the right hand picture?

Edited by Adz

Lovely set damo, a real inspiration for me to work towards (the set never being finished ya know :headbang: ). What happened to the antares 1.6 barlow?

In your 200p you get 46x, 92, 120, 150, 184, 240 and 300x if I am right.

and the 12" GSO 57x, 115, 150, 187, 230, 300, 375. A great range of magnifications mate.

Also, whats the middle object at the bottom of your case in the right hand picture?

Thanks Adam. You are spot on with the magnifications mate. I think i have most bases covered. I actually don't have the Antares 1.6x anymore. The guy i bought the 10mm XW from also had a wanted add for an Antares so i used it in part exchange. Having the 10mm i didn't need it any more as the Powermate/10mm XW gives me the same as the 8mm/Antares 1.6x. I think the object you are referring to in the bottom middle is the Antares 2"-1.25" SCA (with an Astro Engineering Posh Dust Plug stuck in it that i use as a colli cap) To the right of that is a 28mm Baader fine tuning ring that i attach to the Ethos if i want to use a filter. :D

Now that i have my case all kitted out with snazzy new foam i thought i would post an updated pic. I have made a few changes since my original post (left pic) but now consider the collection complete :)

How do you feel your choice of FL in the hyperions worked with the 200P ?

How do you feel your choice of FL in the hyperions worked with the 200P ?

I felt at the time they worked pretty well but if i was starting again i would skip the 24mm and go for the 31mm. The 8mm was my favorite and much preferred it with the 28mm tuning ring to the 5mm BGO.

Ah hindsight, i could do with a good dose of that myself :) (case in question 28mm UWAN for one) The Baader Aspherics don't come up for sale that often so they must be pretty well regarded by their owners.

I have used the Baader aspheric 36mm in the 16" RC of our university. It is very good, though the Paragon 40mm is a shade better in my opinion. The 31 Nagler is better again, so I would wonder what the rationale would be to keep both 31mm EPs. I have kept my 40mm for two reasons: (i) it has a slightly larger true FOV, and (ii) it is easier to use for novices, as I found out in Austria recently.

Picked up a new case today from maplins with the diced foam.

I had planned to put my BST's,revelation eye pieces and everything else in the same case but it would leave me no room for future bits and bobs so the revelation stuff will stay in their separate case.

Rather than pluck the foam pieces out I slid a metal ruler down around the shape I wanted this separates them nicely and keeps the block intact, you can then shorten the hight of the block and place it back in the hole to keep your items all at a nice height.

post-33134-133877745361_thumb.jpg

post-33134-133877745369_thumb.jpg

Rather than pluck the foam pieces out I slid a metal ruler down around the shape I wanted this separates them nicely and keeps the block intact, you can then shorten the hight of the block and place it back in the hole to keep your items all at a nice height.

i did almost the same, i even used a maplin case... my difference was i used one of those knives you can snap the blade of in segments. i push the blade all the way out and it was long enough to slice the foam all the way through. i even managed to shape it around my skywatcher torch

Edited by kiffy

Just to contribute to the cause, here is my case

post-33051-13387775007_thumb.jpg

There's a nice space for my ES 100 degree 20mm which is still stuck in customs.

Now looking for suggestions as to what to go for next - Not looking for the ES 14mm - seems a bit redundant with the others and the 2x Big barlow.

Not in a great hurry as really enjoying the widefield experience, but always planning ahead.

Just to contribute to the cause, here is my case

[ATTACH]82848[/ATTACH]

There's a nice space for my ES 100 degree 20mm which is still stuck in customs.

Did the 9mm get stuck ? I hate the £8+ you have to pay UK couriers for holding fees. Like an added penalty for wanting to find it cheaper else where. Rip off Britain for you.

My ep case (cases) after much swapping and changing still about 10 more eps I would like to own.

Nice set Tim. Nice mix of green on black. I didn't realise most of those green on black were Takahashi rather than TV when I first looked at them.

Where did you get those yellow eyepiece caps?