Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nikon d5600 for astrophotography

deepind

Hi,

i captured orion nebula with nikon d5600 and nikon 18-140mm lens,the images it took was shaky and look like small star trails but i kept only at minimum shutter speed...what is wrong with the image? i hv attached sample image..pls help 

DSC_5255.JPG

16 hours ago, deepind said:

Hi,

i captured orion nebula with nikon d5600 and nikon 18-140mm lens,the images it took was shaky and look like small star trails but i kept only at minimum shutter speed...what is wrong with the image? i hv attached sample image..pls help 

DSC_5255.JPG

How was the camera mounted? Did you use an intervalometer/remote shutter release? Was there any wind? If you didn't use a remote, did you set the timer at all?

4 hours ago, Maxrayne said:

How was the camera mounted? Did you use an intervalometer/remote shutter release? Was there any wind? If you didn't use a remote, did you set the timer at all?

I used tripod,in built interval timer inn nikon d5600, i think only less wind....i set to 1 hr using interval timer in camera and left it alone....

What shutter speed did you use, and what lens setting? These will be recorded with the image. As a general guide, for a crop sensor DSLR like the D5600, divide the focal length of your lens into 275. That is around the maximum exposure you will be able to use before you get star trails (experiment to see what is acceptable to you). So about 15 seconds at 18mm.

Hope this helps.

Billy.

Archived