SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Large moon mosaic. 100 megapixel

wouterdhoye

Hi,

On september 29th i set out to take my biggest challenge so far imaging the moon. Making a full res mosaic at a 6000mm focal length. The reuslt you find in the below link:

Equipment used: CFF Cassegrain 300mm f/20 + ZWO ASI 174 + Baader orange filter

software: Firecapture, Autstakkert, Lynkeos, Photoshop

https://www.astrobin.com/369490/C/

in total 48 panels were stitched together. For each panel 5000 frames were captured totaling over 500Gb of data. For each panel the best 500 frames were then stacked in Autostakkert. Afterwards all frames were stitched together in photoshop. Something I did manually. I tried to do automatic but for some reason it never worked out well.  Even doing it manually required more than one attempt. Then the full mosaic was cut up in 9 pieces to be processed in lynkeos for deconvolution processing (full image crashed the computer). Those 9 panels were then stitched together again for final processing in Photoshop.

The result is, even though I say so myself, very satisfactory. Not yet perfect as I did hit a few bumps. Like a secondary mirror of the cassegrain being covered in dew, and less than perfect seeing conditions.

Enjoy, and don't hesitate to share your thoughts.

Clear skies,

Wouter.

same here - I see a message that says:

Fatal error. Something unexpected occurred! We have received an email with technical details, so we will try to fix the problem as soon as possible. Sorry about the inconvenience!

I'll try again later.

Archived