Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium 0.18.2

alexwolf

Stellarium 0.18.2 has been released today!

Full list of changes:
- Added GUI improvements for AstroCalc tool
- Added elongation support for AstroCalc/Phenomena tool
- Added support decimal degrees format for AstroCalc tool
- Added handle keypressing for list of matching objects in AstroCalc/WUT tool
- Added filters for enlisted objects in Search Tool/Lists tool
- Added filters for list of matching objects in AstroCalc/WUT tool
- Added new textures for moons 
- Added column with angular distance from the Moon into AstroCalc/Phenomena tool
- Added special case for partial solar eclipses in AstroCalc/Phenomena tool
- Added centering text for headers in AstroCalc/Phenomena, AstroCalc/Ephemeris and AstroCalc/Positions tools
- Added "clear" button for search of artificial satellites in the selected group (Satellites plugin)
- Added additional context for term 'Transit' (GH: #215)
- Added artwork for some Maori constellations
- Added support Abell Catalog of Planetary Nebulae (Abell, 1966)
- Added distances for some planetary nebulae (DSO)
- Added possibility to select all constellations through scripts and hotkeys
- Added new language (Urdu)
- Added additional level of checks for JSON documents
- Added Lokono sky culture
- Added support to add/subtract calendric month through hotkeys (GH: #232)
- Added support 'ESO/Uppsala Survey of the ESO(B) Atlas'
- Added processing the 30x HTTP codes for Quasars, Pulsars, Historical Supernovae, Bright Novae, Meteor Showers and Exoplanets plugins (GH: #236, #231, #229, #227, #226, #225, #224, #223)
- Added visual magnitudes and sizes for Abell planetary nebulae
- Added support Milkyway saturation effect (GH: #175, #242)
- Added Henriksson solution (2017) for Schoch formula for DeltaT (1931)
- Added actions (without default hotkeys) to toggle Moon and Minor body scaling
- Added script "Jupiter and triple shadow phenomena"
- Added script "Jupiter without Galilean satellites"
- Added script "Occultations of bright stars by planets"
- Added script "Mutual occultations of planets"
- Fixed sorting rules for AstroCalc/Phenomena tool
- Fixed Moon HiPS rendering during eclipse
- Fixed URL of API for "Location from network" feature (GH: #218)
- Fixed some errors in DSO catalog
- Fixed crash in the combination: constellation is selected and sky culture has been changed
- Fixed Earth shadow on scaled Moon during eclipse
- Fixed auto-enabling landscapes when setObserverLocation is call (LP: #1783752)
- Fixed position of Jupiter moons: updated theory to L1.2 (GH: #222)
- Fixed cross-index data issue (DSO)
- Fixed the term for altitude above sea level (GH: #247)
- Fixed desync bug with IAU Constellation and constellation borders (GH: #246)
- Fixed reserved identifier violation issue (GH: #243)
- Fixed trouble with selection priority of nomenclature items for celestial bodies in deep shadow (GH: #239)
- Fixed parsing error in constellation IAU borders lookup (GH: #241)
- Fixed compiler warnings when GPS support is disabled (GH: #240)
- Fixed potential crash for Meteor showers plugin
- Fixed crash (segmentation fault) for sporadic meteors with max ZHR
- [SUG] Fixed bibtex link
- [SUG] Fixed links for HCG data (GH: #212)
- Updated scripts
- Updated behaviour of deselectConstellations() method (LP: #1780951)
- Updated Epimetheus texture
- Updated behaviour of "clear" button for Search and AstroCalc/WUT tools
- Updated list of locations
- Updated list of DSO names
- Updated behaviour of Oculars button on bottom toolbar: hidden by default
- Updated default bookmarks of Solar System Editor plugin (GH: #180)
- Updated script 'Partial Lunar Eclipse'
- Updated default host for GeoIP service
- Updated the appdata file (GH: #234)
- Updated behaviour of Location dialog: allowed to use resort GPS location at next startup and disable IP query when GPS is used
- Removed support of terrible Qt plural forms

Download new desktop edition you may here: https://stellarium.org

Thanks Alex, great facility and much appreciated.

Still one irritating thing, the drop down window for oculars sensors etc could really do with being opaque as clicking on it can too easily select a new target instead of the thing you're trying to click on.

Dave

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Still one irritating thing, the drop down window for oculars sensors etc could really do with being opaque as clicking on it can too easily select a new target instead of the thing you're trying to click on.

Please give us more details to reproduce the issue.

17 minutes ago, alexwolf said:

Please give us more details to reproduce the issue.

Quite easy to see, if for instance I try to click on the arrow to change the telescope it is too easy to click on a star instead and then the focus moves to that star.

Dave

Stellarium.PNG.4b45cdec80df1bf208d25056fbaf54c1.PNG

15 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Quite easy to see, if for instance I try to click on the arrow to change the telescope it is too easy to click on a star instead and then the focus moves to that star.

Dave

Stellarium.PNG.4b45cdec80df1bf208d25056fbaf54c1.PNG

That's odd Dave. That used to be a problem but was fixed several releases ago. Any objects behind the drop down oculars window are ignored. At least in the 'standard' operating mode. Are you using ANGLE or MESA mode? Maybe they react differently.

Alan

Thank you for the update, i'm a massive fan of the program and use it very regularly. My only grip is that there aren't enough images for me to plan ahead of time whether the object will fit in the FOV of my camera and scope for imaging. More images in the software would be a welcome addition. Not sure if it's even needed by many or possible but i'm just saying my peace here :)

1 minute ago, souls33k3r said:

Thank you for the update, i'm a massive fan of the program and use it very regularly. My only grip is that there aren't enough images for me to plan ahead of time whether the object will fit in the FOV of my camera and scope for imaging. More images in the software would be a welcome addition. Not sure if it's even needed by many or possible but i'm just saying my peace here

Are you tried use Oculars plugin (Image sensor frame) with DSS or HiPS?

2 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

Sorry Alexander, a bit naive in this subject matter. How do i check if i'm using it with DSS or HiPS?

Hmm... apparently you did not used it before. 

OK. A short instructions for using both - DSS and HiPS.

1. Press F2 -> "Extras" tab -> mark "Show DSS button" and "Show HiPS button"; "Main" tab -> press "Save as defaults"

2a. To use DSS you may click on DSS button on bottom bar. 

2b. To use HiPS you need select preferred survey. For example let's use DSS too.

3. Press F4 -> "Surveys" tab -> Deep-sky -> Find and mark "DSS colored"

4. To use colored DSS survey you may click on HiPS button on bottom bar. 

1 hour ago, alexwolf said:

Hmm... apparently you did not used it before. 

OK. A short instructions for using both - DSS and HiPS.

1. Press F2 -> "Extras" tab -> mark "Show DSS button" and "Show HiPS button"; "Main" tab -> press "Save as defaults"

2a. To use DSS you may click on DSS button on bottom bar. 

2b. To use HiPS you need select preferred survey. For example let's use DSS too.

3. Press F4 -> "Surveys" tab -> Deep-sky -> Find and mark "DSS colored"

4. To use colored DSS survey you may click on HiPS button on bottom bar. 

Ah much appreciated Alexander. Clearly I wasn't aware of this feature so will give it a go shortly. Can't thank you enough. ? 

Terrific upgrades, i'm big fan, have used this from start of my space exploration.  Nothing terribly important, im probably doing something wrong. When pulling asteroid coordinates and times from MPC, they end up off a bit somehow after manually entering dec/ra coordinates in Stellarium at listed time and position.  Below is example of Juno should be in center but coordinates are off little.  I planned to manually entering coordinates in mount to see where Juno landed but was clouded out tonight.  Again, not terribly important, just unsure why they don't match up.

Screenshot2 (462) - Copy.jpg

Screenshot (457) - Copy.jpg

Screenshot (463) - Copy.jpg

On 16/08/2018 at 13:02, MilwaukeeLion said:

Terrific upgrades, i'm big fan, have used this from start of my space exploration.  Nothing terribly important, im probably doing something wrong. When pulling asteroid coordinates and times from MPC, they end up off a bit somehow after manually entering dec/ra coordinates in Stellarium at listed time and position.  Below is example of Juno should be in center but coordinates are off little.  I planned to manually entering coordinates in mount to see where Juno landed but was clouded out tonight.  Again, not terribly important, just unsure why they don't match up.

First problem - I don't see coordinates of location. Second problem - why you compare equatorial coordinates for different epoch (JNow and J2000.0 on screenshots)?

3 hours ago, alexwolf said:

First problem - I don't see coordinates of location. Second problem - why you compare equatorial coordinates for different epoch (JNow and J2000.0 on screenshots)?

Coordinates of location info is in 1st post above highlighted in red, not second post.  Somehow ended up with 2 posts.  Both are J2000 coordinates one where Stellarium thinks Juno is and one where MPC thinks Juno is.  Thank you!

6 minutes ago, MilwaukeeLion said:

Coordinates of location info is in 1st post above highlighted in red, not second post.  Somehow ended up with 2 posts.  Both are J2000 coordinates one where Stellarium thinks Juno is and one where MPC thinks Juno is.  Thank you!

I meant geographic coordinates. Juno is not far away and horizontal parallax will be introduce the error for equatorial coordinates. Where you see J2000.0 epoch for MPC coordinates? ;)

5 minutes ago, alexwolf said:

I meant geographic coordinates. Juno is not far away and horizontal parallax will be introduce the error for equatorial coordinates. Where you see J2000.0 epoch for MPC coordinates? ;)

I think I understand now, the MPC RA/Dec coordinates are not J2000. Thank you.

10 hours ago, alexwolf said:
22 hours ago, Ruud said:

For a future  version: Is it be possible to increase the resolution of the Moon?  That would be really nice!

Just enable HiPS survey for the Moon ;)

Ah, I was referring to the built-in Moon because it has relief and dynamic shadows. I think it would look very impressive at a higher resolution.

Archived