NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Have you got an Astro library?

RiponJas

Only been interested in astronomy for a few short months now and still soaking up knowledge from online and books. 

So how many here have big libraries of related books? 

Here's the start of mine,  I'm sure too keep adding as I progress. 

_20180726_153859.thumb.JPG.5db84f840830b950e7c7dcf92c5faf4d.JPG

Approx about 40 books on various aspects of astronomy. One more landed in my letter box this morning. Scattered around on various book shelves, so not able to photograph them in one go. 

Edited number as realised there where 3 more right next to me on my coffee table!

A good start! I think that astronomy, and particularly observing, becomes vastly more interesting when you have a knowledge of the theory and its history. As well as reading on my own I followed five distance learning courses run by the UCLAN/Liverpool John Moore's/Jodrell Bank consortium over a five year spell. Highly recommended.

The website abe books is excellent, as is Amazon, for finding second hand titles and out of print books.

Olly

Doubt I'll read cover to cover, just pick off relevant info as I require it probably. Generally the way I do things, always done that with my martial arts collection and that numbers nearly 900 books. 

21 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

The website abe books is excellent, as is Amazon, for finding second hand titles and out of print books.

Good tip on Abe books. I just got ‘The Phtographic Atlas of the Stars’ off there. I recently just missed out on this in the classifieds so I was very pleased :D 

Archived