NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New TEC 200mm F8 Flourite triplet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, jetstream said:

I don't even want to look through one Stu.... I know I'll want one and I'm a mirror guy. Gavin has superb telescope(s).

I know what you mean Gerry, but you’ve gotta try it sometime :) 

I shan’t forget my first view of the Trap through it. Spent years looking at E & F, with varying degrees of success or satisfaction in a variety of pretty decent scopes. In the 160 they were just there, beautifully tight, perfect stars. Luvverly :)

8 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

An 8" refractor, you would steal the show at every star party, that's if you can carry the darn think there to begin with.

If you can afford 33k ,then I am sure you could afford a caddie to carry the darn think around for you ? ?

22 hours ago, johninderby said:

Bit like there’s no reason to buy a Ferrari when a Kia would get you to the shop and back just fine.  ?

Not really, the Ferrari has more performance than the Kia, the 14” Newtonian had more performance than the refractor

But i would rather have the refractor ?

In traffic the performance of the Ferrari is wasted. When it’s in a line of traffic it’s no faster. 

Hmm a bit like a scope may be better under dark skies but may be limited in light polluted urban areas. 

I love those strange completely unrelated things on sites like " people who bought this also bought this " or " recommended / similar products " at least these seem appropriate :grin:

Dave

Gloves.PNG.244a7ce6922337367f176f5c4d6ca87a.PNG

4 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

To quote an Irish playwright (though I can't remember which one) 'yer a darlin' man, a darlin' man...'

?lly

Nope cant think/find it.

Probably yer man.................whats his face

Sounds lke Kavanagh.

Just now, LukeSkywatcher said:

Nope cant think/find it.

Probably yer man.................whats his face

Sounds lke Kavanagh.

I think it was a Synge play but not Playboy of the Western World. Oh my memory. Where did I leave it?

Olly

I think the beauty of refractors is that they always look like a telescope, whatever size they are.

Big newts and cats look like anything other than a telescope to the uniformed eye. Rocket launcher, water butt, fire basket, compost heap, garden furniture, cement mixer.... :)

Show any average joe this 8 inch frac and they'd exclaim "wow, what a telescope!"

Anyway, £33k? How much for a suitable mount? My eyes, aren't  good enough, my back ain't up for it and my bank, my bank.... Well I could but I'd need a stocking over my head when I go to draw down the cash :)

14 hours ago, dweller25 said:

60 eyepieces, 14 telescopes, 5 barlows and the rest!!!!

You need to get to AA (Astroholics Anonymous) ???????

Most of the scopes are small refractors.... 

Archived