Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DAMIAN PEACH interview - good seeing (or not) in the UK

rorymultistorey

Last year I made a popular video about shooting Saturn on a budget of just £75 (video link below). This year I wanted to do better so I got in touch with the Damian Peach and he kindly agreed to give me a skype interview to help out with my next video about shooting JUPITER for £100. He said some really useful stuff about the importance of seeing in the UK so I thought I'd post interview now (being as it normally takes me weeks to get my bigger vids out?)

and here is last years Saturn for £75 video... its def NOT a typical boring monologue, you will be surprised! (but this year with Damian's help my image of the planets will be better!)

12 hours ago, rorymultistorey said:

Last year I made a popular video about shooting Saturn on a budget of just £75 (video link below). This year I wanted to do better so I got in touch with the Damian Peach and he kindly agreed to give me a skype interview to help out with my next video about shooting JUPITER for £100. He said some really useful stuff about the importance of seeing in the UK so I thought I'd post interview now (being as it normally takes me weeks to get my bigger vids out?)

and here is last years Saturn for £75 video... its def NOT a typical boring monologue, you will be surprised! (but this year with Damian's help my image of the planets will be better!)

Welcome back Rory. Wondered where you went. Any new vids?.

Love your vids. Funny but very informative.

Irish Wolf Hound?. 

24 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Rory, im looking for a Binoviewer and 2 Teleview EP's for about a fiver.

Get to it.

LOL

Well that's just silly isn't it...  Now a tenner and we could be in business ?

fyi i did pick up a nice orion f8 6inch newt on ebay auctions "pick up only" for 24quid... Its helping me get jupiter for under 100?

I've just watched a few thanks for posting they are informative and hilarious I was properly laughing. If you read this stop what your doing and take the time to have a watch. :)

Really entertaining and informative videos, Rory.  I could watch these sort of practical guides all day!! 

*edit* in fact, having just watched most of your collection, I’m very tempted to start dabbling with a bit of imaging. Time to dust off the 1000d and start having a play....

You Rory, and your vids/projects are a breath of fresh air. Astronomy needs more "cheapskates" like you just to prove you dont have to spend thousands on gear and still get great results. 

I know you only do it to prove it can be done. No offense meant in calling you a cheapskate.

• 2 months later...

Archived