SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello!

DCBassman

Greetings all,

Occasional stargazer from Tavistock, Devon. Very little in the way of kit, but enough to be poking around the sky in a small way.

Steiner Navigator 7x50 binoculars.

Greenkat 10x50 binoculars, vintage 1970 or so.

Nauticalia 10x40 monocular, surprisingly good for £39

Celestron C70 MiniMak, grat value at £15 (inc tripod!) from the flea market!

Hope to learn a few things!

Edit: of course, now I want to point optics at the sky, there'll be no seeing for the for seeable future...sorry.

Thanks all, for the welcome. I'm already looking at extra bits, even for the tiny scope I have!

In music terms, if it gets bad, it's called G.A.S. or Gear Acquisition Syndrome. I have been there with electric basses, but am in remission. For now. However, bicycles...And now, telescopes!

Why oh why did this pop up in the market today?

:D:D

Hello and welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy the community, see you around the forums,

you are right about making the weather change, it's raining here, first for almost 3 weeks.

Clear Sky's. ??

Welcome from land down under

Enjoy your stay with us

Before rushing out and buying scopes, rock up one night at your local astronomy club

Members there only too happy to show you their set-up, and clubs also have loan scopes for a small monthly fee for members

Hi, DCB, and welcome to SGL.

You already have the most important piece of kit you need ... a pair of MkI eyeballs. All the equipment in the world is no use unless you actually see what you are looking at! I spent my first 30 years as a stargazer with nothing more than a pair of 7x50s, so don't dis them too much. Take your time with them to 'learn the sky' and it will pay dividends for years to come.

Most importantly, enjoy the journey.

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 21:39, DCBassman said:

In music terms, if it gets bad, it's called G.A.S. or Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

Hello DCBassman welcome from the Netherlands, as a guitar player myself I know that one, it's hard in combination with aperture fever?

Archived