Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Short EQDIR Lead?

According to the SW EQ8 manual, the connector is an RJ45, the same as is used on the AZEQ6 (what I have), I make up my own adaptors, & crimp RJ45 connectors to suit.

So if you or someone close to you, has the necessary tools & components, you could just shorten ones that you already have.

If you weren't so far away, I'd do it for you...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

So if you or someone close to you, has the necessary tools & components, you could just shorten ones that you already have.

Funny you should say that - I just realised that as I have an RJ45 crimper, plugs, shrouds, tester, etc. (I installed a Cat 6 network in the hose and outbuildings) that if I cut my existing Hitecastro EQDIR cable to suit.......................................

• 1 year later...

Hi I don't know if this thread is still active as  its over a year since anyone posted.  However just in case it is here goes.

I am intrigued by your original post, can't help out with the cable but how did it go fitting a mini computer to your OTA ?

Am I correct in assuming  that this is to run EQMOD or something similar ?  What sort of mini computer did you use and what sort of capability do you get with it.

I would be interested to hear a bit more about it.

Thanks Neil