Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'eta carina'.
Found 5 results
Carina Nebula with the bright unstable star Eta Carinae in the centre of the image. edit ( 27 March ): Tweak to shadow levels to bring out more detail and also a slight reduction in the brightness of the highlights. A much larger version ( 4562 x 3072 6062 x 4082) is available on my Flickr page. previous version: Carinae Nebula ( NGC 3372 ) ( please click / tap on image to see larger and sharper ) From Wikipedia ... "Eta Carinae is a highly luminous hypergiant star. Estimates of its mass range from 100 to 150 times the mass of the Sun, and its luminosity is about four million times that of the Sun." This HDR image is constructed from 12 sets of exposures ranging from 1/8 sec ( to capture the bright centre of Eta Carinae ) through to 240 seconds. Total exposure time around 13 hours 17-19 March 2018 Image details: Objects in image: Hypergiant, Eta Carinae ( HD 93308 ) in the centre of the Homunculus Nebula Carina Nebula ( NGC 3372 ) Keyhole Nebula Open Star Clusters: - Trumpler 14, 15, 16 - Collinder 232 Field of view ..... 59' 18.2" x 39' 56.0" Image centre ...... RA: 10 45 01.762 Dec: -59 40 52.87 Orientation: North is up Telescope: Orion Optics CT12 Newtonian ( mirror 300mm, fl 1200mm, f4 ). Corrector: ASA 2" Coma Corrector Quattro 1.175x. Effective Focal Length / Aperture : 1470mm f4.7 Mount: Skywatcher EQ8 Guiding: TSOAG9 Off-Axis-Guider, Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2, PHD2 Camera: Nikon D5300 (unmodified) (sensor 23.5 x 15.6mm, 6016x4016 3.9um pixels) Location: Blue Mountains, Australia Moderate light pollution ( pale green zone on darksitefinder.com map ) Capture ( 17, 18 & 19 March 2018 ): 12 sets of sub-images with exposure duration for each set doubling ( 1/8s to 240s ) all at ISO250. ( 181 x 240sec + 10 to 20 each for the other durations ) Processing: Calibration: master bias, master flat and master dark Integration in 12 sets HDR combination Pixinsight March 2018
Greeting Astrolings, I'm currently in the process of imaging "the pencil" Nebula, but seeing that it's not clearing my obsy roof until past midnight, I didn't want to waste half of clear nights (since they're rare) so before continuing on the pencil, I did a random frame up on eta Carina and used a random star that popped up in the OAG FOV. I ended up doing this over a couple of nights but last night I had a bout of cloud cover for about an hour... and the Nebula drifted. PHD moved the mount looking for a guide star locking in on some noise and attempting to move it to the guide position. What resulted was, when the clouds passed and a guide star popped up, PHD grabbed it and continued imaging, except that the framing moved 2/3 of the way down... and I ended up with subs for the bottom part of eta Carina. I had plenty of subs from the previous night of the top part, so I created this mosaic... Talk about a accidental 2 pane mosaic!!! Accidently created my first DSO mosaic. This consists of 24 x 300s (top half) and 18 x 300s (bottom half) ISO400 using the modded 40D at the 8SE native focal length of 2032mm. Clear skies. MG
Hello again everyone, Just sharing my latest DSO imaging result... The Carina Nebula, NGC3372. The color image is true color RGB, 4 hours worth of ISO400 7.5 minute subs and the mono image is 4 hours of 20 minute ISO400 subs taken through a 7nm Ha filter using a modded Canon 40D. Thanks for looking. MG
NGC3372 The Carina nebula is a bright and dark complex nebulosity in the Carina constellation. Took this photo during my stay in Namibia last month. Photo Details: Telescope: ASA ''12 F3.6 Mount: ASA DDM85 Camera: FLI 8300 Mono Ha: 60 min Lum: 80 min Each RGB 15 Min Total: 185 Min (3 Hours). Thanks for watching Haim
My first proper DSO and first light with my new skywatcher star adventurer. What a great investment this turned out to be! I can't afford an EQ6 but this really has blown my socks off at reasonable focal lengths with its tracking. 8x120 seconds lights, 4x120 seconds darks. Stacked in DSS and processed in Gimp. I would very much enjoy your expertise in ways that i can improve upon this as i am still taking baby steps in processing (although i think i stretched this one quite nicely) This is with my modded 40D but i must say that processing colours is still a bit of mystery to me. cheers, Andy