Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

£10k how would you spend it?

Doc

A 1994 Corvette ZR-1. Whatever's left over I'll use to buy petrol.

8)

If its a car!!!.

I'd visit the internet car showroom (off the M3) and buy a ford Mustang GT500 Shelby

If they were out of Corvette's, I guess I'd settle for a Shelby. :) I've always leant towards Chevy rather than Ford...although I did have a 2.8 litre Capri for awhile.

I've seen the A3 showroom...there's a place in Barnes too.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many, many years ago I read a "Peanuts" cartoon which made me smile:-

According to Snoopy, the secret of life is to own a Convertable (car) and a lake.

Then, when it's raining, you can think "well at least my lake is filling up" :D

John

Well I'm 50% there John :lol: - and the way its raining here at the moment I might get the other 50% in my garden :D

But back on topic, if I add up what I've got it probably comes rather too close to £10k :shock: but to make up the number I'd probably add a largish dob (on a trolley 'cos I'm only little!) and a few really nice eyepieces. Oh and a small shed on the patio to keep the dob in, and maybe a small cabin in a dark location too! We went to Pembrokeshire the week before last and for two nights the skies were just awsome - you could see the milky way streaming across the sky as sson as you came out of the house, and once dark adapted WOW :)

Helen

I'd buy a well proven "f5" reflector - custom built to suit my own needs, and an equally well proven and excellent quality set of eyepieces to go with it. All set up on the best mount money could buy!

Then I'd donate all my other astro scopes and accessories to a worthy cause - say a local scout group, or astro society.

I would be doubly happy knowing that I would not have to even think about contemplating buying yet another scope or eyepiece - and having the pleasure of thinking that I'v managed to help someone else to enjoy this fascinating hobby!

Regards,

philsail1

I'd spend it all on my wife :shock: ... on the proviso that I got no hassle with astro purchases in the future. :)

LOL!

Genius idea! I'd buy the wife £5k worth of House of Fraiser vouchers and then go buy myself a WO 132mm, EQ6 pro, an Ethos or two and a decent CCD camera.

Everybody's happy! :D

Archived