Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

£10k how would you spend it?

Doc

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how much a weeks time share on a mountain in the Canaries would cost ? - might be able to try out my current scopes full potential then !.

I was facing this possibility recently as well (theres a lot of it about !) - I'd earmarked £5K for astro investment - but, alas, nothing came of it - I'm obviously not making myself unpopular enough at work :)

John

A 1994 Corvette ZR-1. Whatever's left over I'll use to buy petrol.

8)

Problem is when you get to the top of the road and you run out of petrol and money, what are you going to do? :)

A quick 10k outlay imaging wise would be an Intes Micro 103, a mount (CGE? Titan?) and a nice(ish) camera. Visual? Gaz's selections would feature in my list too but I still lust after an Intes Micro MN86.... Perhaps the 8" Mak cass, the MN86 on a side by side plate forged in Mount Doom itself....

Tony..

8)

8)

If its a car!!!.

I'd visit the internet car showroom (off the M3) and buy a ford Mustang GT500 Shelby

Its looking a bit grim for me Rob but the last thing I'm going to do it use the money to take time off work. Twenty grand off the mortgage, a bit of astro "fun money" and I'll be back working doing absolutely anything within a couple of weeks.

Well my redundancy would be a years salary... None. I'd keep the money, use the kit I have and take a few months off TBH.... I may well have to do this

Hope it doesn't happened to you Rob and to Gaz.

It's not to bad if you have no dependants or mortgage. But I have both so fingers crossed eh!

Its looking a bit grim for me Rob but the last thing I'm going to do it use the money to take time off work. Twenty grand off the mortgage, a bit of astro "fun money" and I'll be back working doing absolutely anything within a couple of weeks.

I agree Gaz, I couldn't take time off either.

Your a top man Gaz!!!...

I can go contracting if need be.. I'm a LAN Technician so always work in IT for that.

I wonder how much a weeks time share on a mountain in the Canaries would cost ? - might be able to try out my current scopes full potential then !.

I was facing this possibility recently as well (theres a lot of it about !) - I'd earmarked £5K for astro investment - but, alas, nothing came of it - I'm obviously not making myself unpopular enough at work :)

John

The way the situation is going John, no ones job is 100% safe.

The news I learned today was that my employer, pre retirement, LSUK had closed it's doors to the workforce in Carlisle. They turned up for work this morning, and the Managers key would not fit the doorlock. An A4 message on the door simply said that due to circumstances beyond their control, the company had to cease trading. Employees would receive notification in the post within five days, regarding redundancy and compensation payments. Shocked is not the word to describe the feelings of those guys, I know all of them, and they are not happy bunnies. Most of them had personal belongings in the building, but they were told there will be no access for at least a week.

I heard later that about 55 branches Nationwide are affected. So it begins.

Ron. :D

I must admit Rob if I won the lottery then Yes I would get one.

I've always loved big American muscle cars.

There great. Since I was a boy and watched bullitt. That V8 sound and shape has stayed with me!

From being a young 'un I've always wanted a Meade SCT - a bug one! Completely seduced by the glossy pictures in the Magazines.

Oh and I'd get the Ultra Wide Eyepiece Kit and a modded Canon DSLR. Oh and Wedge....and a small dome for the garden (subject to planning permission by my beloved).

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.....

p.s. Look forward to working with you soon Rob :)

Jarvo

From being a young 'un I've always wanted a Meade SCT - a bug one! Completely seduced by the glossy pictures in the Magazines.

Oh and I'd get the Ultra Wide Eyepiece Kit and a modded Canon DSLR. Oh and Wedge....and a small dome for the garden (subject to planning permission by my beloved).

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.....

p.s. Look forward to working with you soon Rob :)

Jarvo

HBOS ehh... good stuff!... ditto :D .

Many, many years ago I read a "Peanuts" cartoon which made me smile:-

According to Snoopy, the secret of life is to own a Convertable (car) and a lake.

Then, when it's raining, you can think "well at least my lake is filling up" :)

John

Archived