NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Aaaaarrrggggghhhhhh - help please !!

1 minute ago, Tommohawk said:

Fingers crossed you get something sorted tonight. Have you got another machine you could try installing the Atik stuff just in case its got pranged somehow?

I can in the cold light of day but right now thats not an option.

I think I will have to give up :-(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:

System restore doesnt work - tried several past dates 

Thats why i wonder if theres some more fundamental Win glitch, that said though  i've had numerous probs with Windows restore not working for no good reason

1 minute ago, Skipper Billy said:

I think I will have to give up :-(

Really tough luck - we get so few good moonless nights that it is more than madening when this happens....:cussing:. I hope that you get it resolved before the next clear night

I have had this before with Atik drivers and I had to plug the camera in to another USB hub (not external hub, another one on your PC).  If you have adjoining USB ports try swapping around the camera whilst the PC is on, but try plugs that are different i.e. USB2 to 3, or front of PC to rear etc.  This way you are likely to be forcing it to be seen on a new header.

Worth a try before giving up.

Just now, RayD said:

I have had this before with Atik drivers and I had to plug the camera in to another USB hub (not external hub, another one on your PC).  If you have adjoining USB ports try swapping around the camera whilst the PC is on, but try plugs that are different i.e. USB2 to 3, or front of PC to rear etc.  This way you are likely to be forcing it to be seen on a new header.

Will try that now !!

17 minutes ago, Skipper Billy said:
19 minutes ago, RayD said:

Will try that now !!

Lots on binging and bonging but still no Atik equip recognised by any programme. :-(

1 minute ago, Tommohawk said:

Maybe try a different USB device to check the USB ports function OK - mouse or something? Or try turning Win Defender off?

Tried that - put the focuser, mouse and mount into the ports that the Atik caneras were in and they all still work - the Atik gear in the ports that were for the mouse etc still dont work.

Windows Defender is off despite Windows pestering me to turnj it back on :-)

1 minute ago, Skipper Billy said:

Lots on binging and bonging but still no Atik equip recognised by any programme. :-(

Oh, that's not a good sign :sad:

It seems odd that the actual device is showing in device manager but not the software.  That would point to ASCOM drivers rather than device drivers.  Have you reinstalled just the ASCOM drivers via the Atik software (from memory I think you have to scroll down to see the option)?

1 minute ago, RayD said:

Oh, that's not a good sign :sad:

It seems odd that the actual device is showing in device manager but not the software.  That would point to ASCOM drivers rather than device drivers.  Have you reinstalled just the ASCOM drivers via the Atik software (from memory I think you have to scroll down to see the option)?

Yep - just trying it again - its easy to miss the Ascom drivers - as you say you have to scroll down!

It seems like an ASCOM issue more than device.  If reinstalling the drivers doesn't work, just check that ASCOM 6.3, or whichever version you are using, is properly installed and hasn't been fudged by an update.

The filter wheel may have a MS HID driver and not show up in device manager.

There was a recent Win update that stuffed some ASCOM things but I thought they fixed it, if not there's a fix on one of the sites CCD Ware possibly, it only takes a minute to run it so won't do any harm.

Have you looked in the ASCOM Profile Explorer to see what it thinks is connected ?

Dave

7 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

The filter wheel may have a MS HID driver and not show up in device manager.

There was a recent Win update that stuffed some ASCOM things but I thought they fixed it, if not there's a fix on one of the sites CCD Ware possibly, it only takes a minute to run it so won't do any harm.

Have you looked in the ASCOM Profile Explorer to see what it thinks is connected ?

Dave

I will have a look for that workaround - thanks.

ASCOM profile explorer shows everything as connected.

1 hour ago, Skipper Billy said:

it will be the last night for imaging this season - once the clocks go forward at the weekend there isnt enough darkness at anything like a sensible time this far North (57º)

I share your despair regarding the  viewing conditions, as for the software, hope you find a solution. 
I used to have many  USB issues with W7 with several USB devices  connected, no power hubs, but it was mainly down to the Saitek driver's alone, creating many annoying  issue's ( nothing to do with astronomy ) but the fix for me was better third party drivers.......fixed everything!

But since owning a Mac, W7 seems antiquated and my old Dual Core CPU has definitely aged, time I think for an I7 overclocked system to get all my systems up and flying again?

6 hours ago, kens said:

My Atik 420 is one of a couple of devices I have where it is important to connect the USB port first and have it live before connecting power to the camera.

I've found the opposite with my 460 and EFW2, I connect the power for a second or two to let the kit initialise and then plug in the USB cables. This is an odd hobby :)

It's, bit late now but I also had the same issue last night. It stems from a January update. Simply put, you need re-enable the "call" right for all of your devices.

To fix it, follow this link http://forums.dc3.com/showthread.php?11182-SOLVED-ALERT-Windows-10-Update-KB4056892-Reported-Problems&p=67734#post67734  It's too onerous a task, and its a fix that doesn't need a re-boot

Even though Microsoft, rolled back the update, the damage had already been done...

Archived