Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

Posted (edited)

Did it look like this before you did all the noise reduction and unsharp masking?

Edited by matt_baker

4 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Was the image taken with a colour camera ? 

Yes, with T7C

4 minutes ago, matt_baker said:

Did it look like this before you did all the noise reduction and unsharp masking?

Yes, that's what he looked like.

2 minutes ago, bencevokoszt said:

Yes, that's what he looked like.

Try drizzling it in AS!3 maybe and see what that turns out as or it could be that it's not debayered properly

1 minute ago, matt_baker said:

Try drizzling it in AS!3 maybe and see what that turns out as or it could be that it's not debayered properly

Okay, I'll try it

11 minutes ago, matt_baker said:

Worked, thank you :3

20 minutes ago, bencevokoszt said:

Worked, thank you :3

No problem, what setup are you using?

No problem, what setup are you using?

Telescope: 150/750

Mount: Synscan EQ5 pro goto

Camera: T7C or Nikon D5300

Posted (edited)

Basically because you're so undersampled with the camera, it causes the pixels to become very blocky. Drizzling sorts this and smooths the final product. 

If you don't want to drizzle everytime I would use a 2-3x barlow lens to correct the sampling, since the camera uses large pixels

What does the after product look like also?

Edited by matt_baker
  • Like 1

Basically because you're so undersampled with the camera, it causes the pixels to become very blocky. Drizzling sorts this and smooths the final product. 

If you don't want to drizzle everytime I would use a 2-3x barlow lens to correct the sampling, since the camera uses large pixels

What does the after product look like also?

image.png.c3e9404d46c25e3ed4cf8da2a1615f58.png

I use 2xBarlow for this image.

You did? Maybe you need an even larger magnification then to correct the sampling.

Also I meant the after result of the Lunar picture aha but it's okay

2 minutes ago, matt_baker said:

You did? Maybe you need an even larger magnification then to correct the sampling.

Also I meant the after result of the Lunar picture aha but it's okay

Okay, thank you for your help

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this