Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What difference a day makes A/R2699

Pete Presland

Two days in a row, after a gap of nearly 3 months! Lots of high haze today, but a very much higher target at 1pm today, than 9pm yesterday.

The 1st image is with my Evostar 120mm, the 2nd with my Lunt50mm, Both with my

DMK21au618. The seeing was pretty decent to be honest. Pretty pleased with the detail on the white light image, particularly in the Penumbra.

5a81f53d5e3d4_2018_02_1213.10AR2699.png.07e312521ed435f35c2ea9ac157858c3.png

5a81f549d5a81_2018_02_1213.23AR2699.png.b2fdda04aeb88519a793f0a56b7ca6e2.png

Ok quick question here, from a solar AP noob meaning i haven't done it yet so less than noob haha, how are you getting in that close with a Lunt 50??, do astro cameras allow for magnification? i had to put buying one off for a bit till next month.

Can you zoom in with dedicated AP cams like yours? thanks!

I'TS A CROP!!! dumb question i just asked lol

2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Ok quick question here, from a solar AP noob meaning i haven't done it yet so less than noob haha, how are you getting in that close with a Lunt 50??, do astro cameras allow for magnification? i had to put buying one off for a bit till next month.

I am using a X2 Barlow to increase the focal length of the scope & an extension to achieve focus.

9 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I'TS A CROP!!! dumb question i just asked lol

its not cropped other to remove any poor stacking at the edges. 

10 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

The 1st image is with my Lunt50, the 2nd is with my Evostar 120mm.

Cracking images Pete, the white light is lovely. Presumably you mean the other way round though?

Archived