Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Live rocket launch

Peco4321

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Stu said:

Another nice one. Would have liked to see the 1st stage recovery, although they said it was only a simulated recovery?

I scratched my head about it too. Maybe it is just a controlled splash-down at a specific set of coordinates? I don't know:icon_scratch:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Victor Boesen said:

I scratched my head about it too. Maybe it is just a controlled splash-down at a specific set of coordinates? I don't know:icon_scratch:

Yes, that sounds like it makes sense. A sort of ‘if the drone ship had been there it would have landed’ type exercise?

• Like 1

I expect it was like Falcon Heavy with marginal fuel available I imagine they would have 'practised' until the fuel ran out then drop like a stone...

I wonder if they managed to get the fairing back?

The two second stage cameras were interesting. One supported a round earth, the other was fuel for the flat earthers! No doubt just different focal lengths.

They did make a few pops at NOAA didn't they - Iridium is hardly the same as a spy satellite although there may have been something else on board ;-)

• 2 weeks later...