NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

I found the perfect sized padded bag for my Tal-150p which i really need for slinging it in the boot. Fits like a glove :) But it’s probably going back :( The padding advertised as 15mm is actually half that, and is deformed from being folded for delivery. It cost a whopping £80 with delivery but feels like £30-40 quality. Doesn’t compare to the Geoptik ones (it’s TS optics) in quality unfortunately.

rather disappointing. 

Mark

D2590478-9DC2-4350-8F21-8FF0049EE7B4.jpeg

17CE7170-4E39-4C73-949E-D703F656EB6E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, cajen2 said:

You actually have to buy something, Mike! 😉

I dont need anything at this moment.  Dont say a 16 inch scope either.... Thats not a need, thats a want 

On 10/09/2022 at 13:37, cajen2 said:

You actually have to buy something, Mike! 😉

I did buy something.... Thats why i have bills lol.  Unfortunately it wasnt astro related 

I've been using chemical handwarmers held on my OTAs with elastic bands, but I decided to go high tech.  I have a lipstick tube sized USB battery that I got as a door prize or something several years ago which seems to provide enough juice to run it.  I haven't used it for more than a few minutes though so I don't know how long the battery will last.

warmer.jpg

Edited by jjohnson3803
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Davesellars said:

25mm Vixen SLV bought from ABS - absolutely pristine! :)  I've not seen or used an SLV before - can't believe how small these things are!

I was observing Saturn with an  SLV 25mm last night. In a little F11 80M Vixen achromat (driven) it gave fantastic (if small) views. The 20mm was even better. Any more magnification gave poorer views.

I'll get a line-up pic

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pixies said:

I was observing Saturn with an  SLV 25mm last night. In a little F11 80M Vixen achromat (driven) it gave fantastic (if small) views. The 20mm was even better. Any more magnification gave poorer views.

I'll get a line-up pic

the 20mm is the smallest one, though.

IMG_20220913_135527498.jpg

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Pixies said:

I was observing Saturn with an  SLV 25mm last night. In a little F11 80M Vixen achromat (driven) it gave fantastic (if small) views. The 20mm was even better. Any more magnification gave poorer views

Nice collection you've got there!

The seeing was really poor here last night.  I was out for an hour or past midnight the sky was a just wobbly mess at 120x (was using binoviewers) and just seemed out of focus all the time.  The Moon was a little better at least so all was not lost.

I've just had first light with the SLV 25mm with a quick solar session although it's a touch hazy - It's amazingly comfortable!  Hopefully it will clear properly tonight to get some decent views.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2022 at 07:50, Pixies said:

I'll get a line-up pic

I only have 6mm and 10mm SLVs but they are my favorite EPs in the "affordable" price range.

1 hour ago, bosun21 said:

Finally arrived, a 1.7X glass path corrector and a heavy duty T2 quick changer, both from Baader for my Maxbright II binoviewer.  The quick changer adds 11mm of in focus which I hope it accepts.🤞

5C05EBD1-AB18-48C0-AFBE-D6259ADD988D.thumb.jpeg.165a3950e2a23d246cf3d4a55ebaea42.jpeg5A59769A-0F73-4485-B3B6-CCE8E723D250.thumb.jpeg.6776b5a713273541cb524f91e52728f0.jpeg

I’d like to hear how you get on with that quick changer @bosun21  I’m not sure I can accommodate the extra 11mm lightpath in the configuration I want to run but I don’t like the T2 coupling nut particularly. I keep over tightening it in one direction or the other. Cheers

• Like 1

Received the V4 hyperstar for my C6 yesterday, along with the Starizona filter drawer.

Planning to start some EAA/EEA, but I'm sure some regular imaging will sneak in there. Supposedly, this is corrected out to a 28mm imaging circle, For now, though, I'll be using either a QHY183C or a ASI485C - the smaller sensors 'should' be easier to get collimated

Al

hyperstar.jpg

• Like 3

My latest haul from AliExpress.

SVbony UHC filter to start my foray into that side of visual

Some M4 knurled screws which I hope will fit the secondary if my 130pds

And an m54 extension which doesn't fit.  Grabs like the first 3 turns and then jams.  Suspect that will either be scrap.  Might work as it grips well with the few turns it does get.  First lemon I boughton AliExpress.

PXL_20220914_183008854.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, josefk said:

I’d like to hear how you get on with that quick changer @bosun21  I’m not sure I can accommodate the extra 11mm lightpath in the configuration I want to run but I don’t like the T2 coupling nut particularly. I keep over tightening it in one direction or the other. Cheers

Will do 👍

• Thanks 1