NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

35 minutes ago, jacko61 said:

2" l-Enhance arrived this morning from FLO. Usual great 1 day service. The box states Clear Skies Guaranteed.  I wonder how we claim on that guarantee. 

Graeme

Well, there must have been clear skies somewhere in the world......the guarantee doesn't specify where! (Or when).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Following a "FLO Clearance Offer" here, the postie delivered the OVL Field Flattener posted last weekend.

A customs returned item, it was posted as having 'scruffy packaging', but the packaging seemed pretty flawless to me. 

Edited by Gfamily
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, jacko61 said:

2" l-Enhance arrived this morning from FLO. Usual great 1 day service. The box states Clear Skies Guaranteed.  I wonder how we claim on that guarantee. 

Graeme

I believe it says “eventually” in small letters 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bosun21 said:

A new addition to my growing Explore Scientific collection. This time it’s a 24mm 68 degree 

2EA9E589-6349-48A5-A0EE-1F11CF92FAC3.thumb.jpeg.e86f09afba418fe5d400f9011f657f41.jpeg

NIce eyepieces, the 16 and 20 are as nice in my opinion, 
but sadly not enough eyerelief for me now I have to wear glasses to observe.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Alan White said:

NIce eyepieces, the 16 and 20 are as nice in my opinion, 
but sadly not enough eyerelief for me now I have to wear glasses to observe.

Luckily I only have to wear reading glasses and not while observing . The 18.4mm is more than enough to be very comfortable for my aging eyes. I also have four 82 degree degree eyepieces and I actually find my preference to be for the 65-75 degree eyepieces.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PeterC65 said:

This one is my favourite and most used eyepiece.

I can remember when you bought it, and I have kept myself updated with your findings and thoughts on this eyepiece. This along with needing to replace my Starguider 25mm were my primary reasons for buying this.

• Like 1

This little beauty, a Feather Touch focuser for my C9.25, arrived this morning courtesy of @SplintUK. It said "Royal Mail" on the box, but Postman Pat must be on speed these days, I only bought it on Monday.

It looks as good as new, is mega smooth and already on my scope (like all transplants, you've gotta be quick with donor focusers). Thanks very much Dan, including the hints on fitting it. I can't wait to get it out under the clouds^H^H^H^H^H stars.

869461765_MyPrecious.jpg.bd3a264c8d33cca20ec5ed1783aa513e.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

One of two EPs ordered ( second one arriving tomorrow) .. an 8-24 SVbony zoom !  A really nice weight to it . And it feels premium .. we will see how it performs , hopefully tonight ( very late) when or if the cloud clears .

A 'zoom' eyepiece! I had no idea they even existed. How incredibly decadent of you 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knighty2112 said:

From Mr Dean Hale a fine Omegon flip mirror arrived at my door post haste. Sadly cloudy out there tonight, but hoping to test it out soon. Thanks Dean! 😀

I'll happily admit that I don't even know what this gizmo does. But I like it anyway. Congrats!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stu1smartcookie said:

One of two EPs ordered ( second one arriving tomorrow) .. an 8-24 SVbony zoom !  A really nice weight to it . And it feels premium .. we will see how it performs , hopefully tonight ( very late) when or if the cloud clears .

image.jpg

image.jpg

I bought a Baader zoom eyepiece some months ago and I've been very happy using it, so much easier for me than cycling through different eyepieces during the course of an observing session, I hope you will be just as happy.

Edited by LaurenceT
predictive text!
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, StuartT said:

I'll happily admit that I don't even know what this gizmo does. But I like it anyway. Congrats!

It allows you to have an imaging camera or DSLR attached to the back socket of the flip mirror, and an EP in the top socket. You can then centre in on any targets you want to image with the EP first, then when central in view you can flip the mirror out of the way and you can then image the item with your camera attached as the image will be central in the lower socket too. 😀

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

It allows you to have an imaging camera or DSLR attached to the back socket of the flip mirror, and an EP in the top socket. You can then centre in on any targets you want to image with the EP first, then when central in view you can flip the mirror out of the way and you can then image the item with your camera attached as the image will be central in the lower socket too. 😀

ok. interesting. thanks. I did not know that.

Having said that, I never look through anything. I just let plate-solving do all my targeting, framing, syncing for me. I never even have to leave my room 🤣 (it can get cold out there!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, StuartT said:

ok. interesting. thanks. I did not know that.

Having said that, I never look through anything. I just let plate-solving do all my targeting, framing, syncing for me. I never even have to leave my room 🤣 (it can get cold out there!)

I do mostly visual astronomy, with a very small smattering of lunar/planetary/double star imaging when the feeling suits. 😉

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Knighty2112 said:

I do mostly visual astronomy, with a very small smattering of lunar/planetary/double star imaging when the feeling suits. 😉

Great to see a fellow Rush fan on here, by the way. Cygnus X-1 my friend!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1