Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A question of storage

Hi

My recently acquired CCD imaging kit is all very lovely, except, I don't want to keep dismantling it in order for the scope to fit back in it's case and stored indoors between sessions.  i thought I'd come up with the perfect solution, but *apparently* leaving it on the dining table isn't a viable option :icon_rolleyes:.  So what do you guys do?  Put up with disassembly, make/buy a bigger box, or something way more clever that I haven't yet considered?

Justin

I put my fully assembled Equinox 80, field flattener and  Canon 600D on the Ironing board in the kitchen.... fits a treat and is padded, so it doesn't bruise my precious 'frac.

Doesn't cause any problems what so ever. !!.....  life is perfectly normal apart from the creases.

:) 

I put a purpose built storage unit in my garden for all my astronomical gear:

IMG_3091.thumb.JPG.dea4cfe595704650814dfdeae79801dd.JPG

I use an old shoe rack and pipe lagging as a shelving unit for my telescopes (please excuse the dodgy picture, but you can see it in the background!):

_GAV1243.thumb.JPG.06370058e755f45d1137994a0b19071e.JPG

The great thing is, it is all out of sight from the current Mrs. James, so I can organise things how I like in there and it doesn't become part of the general family house mess! It's a great hiding place too, though it can get a little chilly on dark and clear nights...

Our dining room is my main kit repository, much to my Wife's annoyance :rolleyes2:

I don't store things on the dining table but around the room and in cupboards I've got 6 scopes including a 12" dobsonian, 2 mounts and about 16 eyepieces in 3 cases. Plus a couple of bookshelves of star atlas's etc.

Fortunately we don't entertain much !

6 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

I put a purpose built storage unit in my garden for all my astronomical gear:

IMG_3091.thumb.JPG.dea4cfe595704650814dfdeae79801dd.JPG

I use an old shoe rack and pipe lagging as a shelving unit for my telescopes (please excuse the dodgy picture, but you can see it in the background!):

_GAV1243.thumb.JPG.06370058e755f45d1137994a0b19071e.JPG

The great thing is, it is all out of sight from the current Mrs. James, so I can organise things how I like in there and it doesn't become part of the general family house mess! It's a great hiding place too, though it can get a little chilly on dark and clear nights...

A truly cunning plan :) 

Archived