Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your telescope storage area

Richard Hather

I'm allowed a corner of the study for the vx14, everything else (little scopes, cases, mounts, and various bits) is squirreled away in various places like the garage, in wardrobes, under the bed and in drawers. This makes it harder to realise how much stuff I've ended up with!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12 June 2017 at 14:25, xtreemchaos said:

I keep the ones I'm not using in the loft on racks, and the 5 or six I use a lot in the obsyroom, mrs chaos says we need a bigger loft ,I'm all for that id soon fill the extra space :icon_biggrin:. looks nice and neat in the cubbard mate. charl.

heres a pic of my obsyroom, carnt get up the loft at the mo with my gammy leg joints..

DSC01925.thumb.JPG.85555478636ccd9aef9271f24e87e0d5.JPG

That's not a storage area. That's a shop! ;)

This is where my 10" newt lives. It's a cheap plastic garden 'tool-tidy' in one corner of the garage. It is lockable, and the garage itself is secure. I have to carry it about 12 metres out to the patio, which is far enough!

IMG_0149.JPG

Some great pics here and good ideas ? 

Im sort of lucky with my neighbours though I think I'm known as the Astro nut and about 5 of my neighbours routinely pop round to have a look on a clear night including there kids it's so nice to spread the joys of the cosmos.

i never get bored of when someone first looks at Saturn/Jupiter the look of pure wonder is priceless ?

13 minutes ago, Lockie said:

5x3" storage shed, plus de-humidifier and electric blanket when needed....you've got to look after your kit :) 

IMG_20170429_160826.jpg

Love it Chris, neat and tidy, a place of your own:icon_biggrin:

Are you sure the electric blanket is for the kit ?:evil6:

23 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

I've got one in the lounge, another in the dining room - and now I want a 12 inch Dob.  Mrs. Sweeper is not too pleased with the plan, and wants an observatory down the garden.u

If you do get a 12" I would advise that the first time your other half sees it make sure it is outdoors. It won't look so big compared to being seen indoors and so will cause less of a shock!

Archived