Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Member Contributed Observing lists (and links to others)

As it says on the tin - this is a place to upload observing lists :wink2:  Please give details of the content and the software if applicable, along with proper credit if not your list

Enjoy!

Helen

• Like 5

Here's one, it's RASC finest NGC Summer list I downloaded from the sky safari yahoo group some time ago. It's in .sklist format so people should be able to open it in sky safari.

RASC Finest NGC Summer.skylist

and one more I also downloaded from the sky safari yahoo group

111 Objects For Light Polluted Skies.skylist

From the same source, useful when the moons about.

80 Planetaries for small telescopes (100-130mm).skylist

Edited by Scooot
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Helen, Thanks for doing this. I have created several in SkyTools that I've shared with Susie since she found out how such lists can be shared between programs. I'm happy to share these with others too.

Here's the first two.

Northern Hemisphere Globular Clusters: Globular Clusters.skylist

Northern Hemisphere Open Clusters: Open Clusters.skylist

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm part way through my Summer Triangle Lists.

Here's the first part of 3.

Summer Triangle Highlights - Cygnus: Summer Triangle Highlights - Cygnus.skylist

(There's a couple of rogue entries I just noticed. Sorry. Either fat fingers or left in there after I used another list as a template. Easily found and deleted if you organise the list by Constellation). 

Edited by Racey
  • Like 3

"Short" Washington Double Star Summary Catalog (Excel file - 26mb) 

From handprint.com (Bruce MacEvoy, Cambridge Double Star Atlas) He's got the full version with 117,469 systems but this one limits magnitudes to 10.5 for the primary and 13.5 for components, which gives a much more useful list.

Enter your aperture and NELM and you'll get a list of doubles you should be able to split. Enter a minimum Q value for likelihood of a physical system rather than visual.

The Q value and the observable/splittable values (based on Opik's subjective measure of difficulty - http://www.aai.ee/muuseum/Main/Downloads/T25_F_001_167.pdf) are subjective but useful up to a point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 28/05/2017 at 18:26, Scooot said:

Here's one, it's RASC finest NGC Summer list I downloaded from the sky safari yahoo group some time ago. It's in .sklist format so people should be able to open it in sky safari.

RASC Finest NGC Summer.skylist

and one more I also downloaded from the sky safari yahoo group

111 Objects For Light Polluted Skies.skylist

From the same source, useful when the moons about.

80 Planetaries for small telescopes (100-130mm).skylist

Great lists, thanks

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Stargazer McCabe said:

@wookie1965 Noted

If you pm me an email address and the sort of lists you are interested in, Open Clusters, Globulars, Urban Sky DSO's, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced stuff, Small Scope, Medium or Large etc I can convert them to text lists and I'll email them if you fancy...

Would you not mind that wold be very kind of you, could you do everything apart from large scopes I have a 4" refractor and a 8" reflector if there is any double star stuff I would like that as well if you dont mind really appreciate it.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just a dump of what I've got in SkySafari so far, by constellation. At the very least, it's someplace I can find them again, should any digital disaster strike. :happy11:

Aquila-1.skylist

Auriga-1.skylist

Bootes-1.skylist

Camelopardalis-1.skylist

Cancer-1.skylist

Canes Venatici-1.skylist

Canis Major-1.skylist

Cassiopeia-1.skylist

Edited by iPeace
  • Thanks 1