Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Yet another Devonian

continuum

Hi there - I'm from Whimple in Devon and have had a passing interest in Astronomy for a while but no time. Now in retirement I have that time.

In June I aquired a used ETX125PE and tripod together with standard Meade EP and a cased set of Revelation EPs and Filters. Also mains transformer and Meade LPI and s'ware, cables etc and Dewcap.

All came with Meade Aly cases for the scope and all accessories.

So you would think that I am all set up - No .Since June the weather has been so bad that I have only 3 opportunities to set up and observe - and 2 of those were last week, even then mist and cloud shortened viewing to an hour or so.

Have I chosen the wrong pastime I wonder?

I shall have questions to raise as a newbie, e.g. accurately setting up the GoTo etc., but I shall raise these under the appropriate headings.

Meanwhile it looks like another full cloud evening coming!!

RonJ

Thanks for your warm welcome.

Yes Billy I know of the Weasner site. It has given me some very useful info already.

Hi Will, I expect my wife may know your Aunt through WI (groan) and yes the Whimple skies are dark - but unfortunately at present due to heavy cloud cover most nights.

RonJ

Archived