Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Berlebach spreader stopper

AlistairW

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i have ordered the spreader direct from Berlebach. To their credit, they actually asked what set up I had already, and then told me they would send all the parts I would need. As I understand it I need some bolts as I already have the tray.

I was lucky in that my new to me UNI 28 came already with a spreader attached. I can though imagine how much of a fuss it must be setting up one without chains or a spreader. Saying that I can't even imagine the chains make it all that much easier ?? I'd say the spreaders are well worth it if you can afford them. 

the chains are a pain .. they wrap around the legs try pulling them apart when you have a heavy mount on top , you end up laying on the floor with your tripod on top of you .. 

4 minutes ago, dobbie said:

the chains are a pain .. they wrap around the legs try pulling them apart when you have a heavy mount on top , you end up laying on the floor with your tripod on top of you .. 

Yep never used them properly either for the same reason.  The spreader seems like an excellent option as I find the fussing with each leg a pain.  Chains, spreaders and legs.......On a astronomy forum?  Am I in the right place here?  :shocked:

Got mine today. Fitted it easily onto my Uni28 tripod.. As my mount had all the other fixings the only thing I needed to do was to take of the fixings on the tray that locks it onto the legs, and the silver bar in the leg fixing needed replacing with the one for the spreader which came with it. Done in 10 minutes at the most.

IMG_2556.thumb.JPG.a195fd7667bc4eba43a67cff5b9dce5d.JPGIMG_2557.thumb.JPG.2f3a67df1f7baabb68a792c570abbaaf.JPGIMG_2558.thumb.JPG.8af4c186a2a4392c66a8bf5670bd8acc.JPG

35 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Gus sorry for the personal question but how much was the spreader + postal costs. Did you order from TS or Berlebach direct?

By the way it does look good.

I got it from TS in Germany. Price in euros with postage via DPD was €69.90, which works out at just over £59. 

28 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

I got it from TS in Germany. Price in euros with postage via DPD was €69.90, which works out at just over £59. 

Sounds and looks good to me :icon_biggrin:

Hope TS have a few in stock ....

I paid 77 Euros delivered and ordered direct from Berlebachs web site, just ensure you are ordering the correct part. If not ask and they soon reply, very good customer service.

They actually repaired my UNI18 head FOC, turned it around in 48 hours and didn't even charge me postage. 

1 hour ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Thanks Gus - however, I notice on the website that you can only order the spreader with a tripod - see below. I thought you already had the tripod??

Its a pity that we cannot persuade @FLO to stock this item especially as they sell the main Berlebach tripod.

berlebach.JPG

It does that but the TS section clearly states replacement parts 1.JPG.461ddaf63b9c5353796ab226fe630df1.JPG  so surely it must be available separately ????

1 hour ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Thanks Gus - however, I notice on the website that you can only order the spreader with a tripod - see below. I thought you already had the tripod??

Its a pity that we cannot persuade @FLO to stock this item especially as they sell the main Berlebach tripod.

berlebach.JPG

Hmmmm........well they never said that when I ordered mine. Let me order one up on its own. They must have just changed their policy. I certainly didn't order another tripod just to get the spreader! Looks like you'll have to go direct to Berlebach itself then. Weird! 

There might be some Berlebach accessories not listed on their website through Teleskop Express, though they will order whatever parts are required which of course is straight forward being both German companies. I purchased a 372, which came complete with spread stopper through TS and they additionally ordered and fitted a porta mount adapter. The cost of the tripod (listed at a slightly marked down price at the time) and shipping was good, I found both sources excellent to communicate with. The spread stopper is very functional I would not wish to be without, also very simple to attach the tray. 

On 5/1/2017 at 12:16, jabeoo1 said:

Yep never used them properly either for the same reason.  The spreader seems like an excellent option as I find the fussing with each leg a pain.  Chains, spreaders and legs.......On a astronomy forum?  Am I in the right place here?  :shocked:

You are in the right place. But I'm not too sure about your wondering mind.... :grin:

Nobody brought up fur lined handcuffs yet...

• 1 month later...

Just ordered one direct from Berlebach as a single item.  Turned up with no issue, put on tripod in 15 mins (extra parts included).  Great German engineering by the way.  Great service too, just pimping my gear now for the next dark season........Bring it on :)  

• 1 month later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread. I've just taken delivery of my Berlebach Uni 28 tripod. I bought it secondhand. It does not have a tray with it. I'm going to order one of the above mentioned spreaders, and I need to order a tray for it. What size tray does the UNI 28 come with? Does it come with a 27cm x 27cm x 27 cm? Or 37cm x 37cm x 37cm?

Dave

Archived