Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Berlebach spreader stopper

AlistairW

7 minutes ago, Dave1 said:

Sorry to drag up an old thread. I've just taken delivery of my Berlebach Uni 28 tripod. I bought it secondhand. It does not have a tray with it. I'm going to order one of the above mentioned spreaders, and I need to order a tray for it. What size tray does the UNI 28 come with? Does it come with a 27cm x 27cm x 27 cm? Or 37cm x 37cm x 37cm?

Dave

I'm very surprised that the tray did not come with it - I'm sure it was shown in the picture when it was advertised :icon_scratch:

When they sent mine the tray was in a separate parcel.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They phoned me up John before sending to say that it didn't come with the tray but did come with the steel spreader chain. But its turned up without the spreader chain. I have left them a message. All I need to know is what size tray the UNI 28 tripod would have come with from the factory, so that I can order one with the spreader stopper.

Dave

Ok - the tray on my Uni 28 is 37x37x37.

Hope you get it sorted. I've not yet gone for a spreader but may well in due course.

I doubt that I'd use the tray much if I had a spreader fitted.

38 minutes ago, Dave1 said:

What size tray does the UNI 28 come with? Does it come with a 27cm x 27cm x 27 cm? Or 37cm x 37cm x 37cm?

Dave

My Uni 28 has a37cm x 37cm tray.  Although you can use the spreader without the tray. 

45 minutes ago, John said:

I'm very surprised that the tray did not come with it - I'm sure it was shown in the picture when it was advertised :icon_scratch:

When they sent mine the tray was in a separate parcel.

I've learned to take astroboot listings with a pinch of salt John.

Sorry to hear the tripod didn't come with an EP tray Dave but at least they got in touch first to check if that was OK. Was it a Berlebach tripod in the end ??

38 minutes ago, spaceboy said:

I've learned to take astroboot listings with a pinch of salt John.

The stuff that I've bought from them was always as described, no more but no less either :icon_scratch:

But if they informed Dave that the tray was not included and he had the opportunity to back out, then I guess they have done their bit.

21 minutes ago, Dave1 said:

Yes it is a Berlebach tripod, and it is the UNI 28. I am very happy with the Tripod. Its in very good condition. I can't wait to use it. 

I am sure you won't be disappointed.  I really cherish mine, its so good at absorbing vibration, and I have a feeling that pretty much any mount on it does the job well.  The only setup I would swap it out for is the Losmandy AZ8 and that looks superb.  One of our fellow SGL members on Holland has one and it looks like the bees knees.  But in reality I am so happy with the berlebach, they are lovely tripods. 

Is your's a "c" version with the four leg spread settings? If so, the spreader is not needed. If not, the already great, vibration  control / stability will improve to 100 year old oak tree territory!

Paul

1 hour ago, Paul73 said:

Is your's a "c" version with the four leg spread settings? If so, the spreader is not needed. If not, the already great, vibration  control / stability will improve to 100 year old oak tree territory!

Paul

Um how do I tell if I have a "c" version?

If you can set the  pitch of the legs at the top, It is a 'c'. Like this;

IMG_0340.thumb.JPG.a72da3307b8c7a4989aa61d9fe9af2e6.JPG

It is very very flexible and solid. But, I have a fieling that standard version with a spreader will be a little more stable at the expense of a little flexibility.

Paul

Just to update everyone, I still have not received the steel chain that Astro Boot said would come with my Tripod, they never returned my call. 

I also ordered a Philips Planisphere kit, which comes with the Planisphere, poster sized star chart, and book called Guide to the Northern Constellations. As an extra I also order the book Guide to Stars and Planets by Philips. The seal wrapper had been opened, I thought that's ok they probably put Stars and Planets book in there. Well they didn't. They opened the packet and sent two totally different books than what should have come. Stargazing with Binoculars and Star Finder both by Philips! Not a happy bunny. I guess they " made up " there own Philips Planisphere kit! And decided to send the wrong additional book! Without my prior consent.

Not happy. Beginning to wonder about Astro Boot now..

Dave

Ah its ok, see if they return my call this time. Just taught myself how to use the planisphere to plot the planets movements through the heavens. I like it, nice simple and old school. No electrical equipment to get wet from the dreaded dew. :)

Sorry to hear your troubles Dave. FWIW I have always found email to be the best form of communication with astroboot. While they may send items that differer in magnitude to their description I have always found them helpful in resolving any problems I have had.

Archived