Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quark selection but new processing, comments & your thoughts appreciated.

Ewan

Hi all,

As you know I have had a Quark for a while now & use it when ever I can if the sun is obliging, I also post on various forums as well as here.
I have found over the last year I have been looking at my images & questioning whether the solar details I present are how I truly feel they should look, this is mainly because everyone else tends to do the same ie getting the most 'pointy' sharpest detail possible.

I understand completely why we do this but is it really how a glowing ball of gasses would really look like ?

I am now trying a new technique in processing in that my images are a fair bit softer & more fluid. Trying to find a balance is difficult as I want to retain as much detail as possible but also a good representation of a star, or rather how I feel how our sun would be like.

Not too everyone's liking & I am still working on my workflow but I would like good or bad feedback if you wouldn't mind.

I may have already upped one or two of these sorry if I have.

Atb
Ewan

AR2644 False Colour.jpg

Active-Region-For-Web.png

AR2585-For-Web.png

AR2585-Large-For-Web.png

AR2644-mono-Inverted-For-Web.png

AR2645-Mono-2-for-web.png

AR2648-Mono-For-Web.png

Active-Region-Mono-For-Web.png

AR2553-Mono-For-Web.png

AR2576-Mono-For-Web.png

No idea what you got going on there but I'm voting yes! Your images almost look like you have eqipment out of reach for the amateur. What are you using uderstanding this is processing and possibly a kept secret, but you must have some really nice equipment to get the raws. Your images are beautiful. For real! 

I LIKE them. Very nice hardware setup and (to my mind) nicely processed!
Is the "best" image: scientific, quantitative, qualitative, visually appealing...
There is merit in getting things to look how I imagine (but likely aren't!) :p

For stickler audiences one might caption whether images are +ve or -ve.
Obvious if there is a sunspot, perhaps less so for more general regions?
But most DATA is presented with some sort of commentary in real life... ;) 

Superb set of images.. like the "fluidity" a lot.. I think some images are better with the perception of fluid motion, waves, waterfalls... The suns just as dynamic, I think that is caught very well..

Look forward to seeing more!

6 hours ago, Davey-T said:

A fine set Ewan, have you tried entering one for SPOD to see what the purists think of the unique processing ?

Dave

Dave, cheers mate, to be honest I don't even know about SPOD, where do I go / do ? lol, I dare say I could make a few of em laugh if nothing else :icon_albino:

I heard about your Quark Dave, feel for you mate, I have to ask Jen about something else but shall I mention your Quark is due home as sharp as for you ?

Thanks you very much for the positive feedback, reassured me a little I wasn't too left field in what I am trying to achieve.

A few people have given totally negative feedback but I did expect that especially on that particular forum shall we say, but it is what I was asking for.

SGL members have been very supportive over the years with tips & comments from capturing to equipment so I would like to thank those who have.

Pete, Tony, Chris, Charl, Mick, Steve, Dave, Fozzie & Freddie cheers guys put my mind at ease a bit ;-)

I hope some of you manage to grab some data this week as there could be some eventful solar 'things' happening which are overdue.

Atb

Ewan

Archived