Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Have you ever ordered something you already have?

Knighty2112

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, RichM63 said:

I put it down to "Astrozymers" but apparently 'the Universe is not Big Enough', for a serious study.

(ps, my main 'doublons' are photo lenses, I buy them with a view to selling and then don't get around to it)

Rich

Along with the Alzheimer's and the mad cows diesese we're all gone croak with from all the beef we've been eating and stuff, then Astrozymers is not too bad then! Hehe! ;)

I know what you mean about holding onto things; I put my binoviwers up for sale the other day, then a couple of hours later  withdrew them from sale as I know I'd regret selling them! ???

I have, indeed, bought something I already had - a telescope! But I guess that won't count 'cos I hadn't really forgotten that I already had one/others.

Funnily enough, Mrs Floater hadn't forgotten that either ... ?

12 minutes ago, Floater said:

I have, indeed, bought something I already had - a telescope! But I guess that won't count 'cos I hadn't really forgotten that I already had one/others.

Funnily enough, Mrs Floater hadn't forgotten that either ... ?

Well, I guess we are all guilty of that then. I'm guilty on five charges of telescope hoarding then! Hehe! ;) 

Sort of. I forgot I owned a 10mm Radian EP (a very good eyepiece) and went and purchased a 10mm Delos. However it was a great mistake to make as it is an awesome EP though it was an expensive mistake as off the back of the 10mm performance I bought the 4.5mm and 14mm.

1 hour ago, DirkSteele said:

Sort of. I forgot I owned a 10mm Radian EP (a very good eyepiece) and went and purchased a 10mm Delos. However it was a great mistake to make as it is an awesome EP though it was an expensive mistake as off the back of the 10mm performance I bought the 4.5mm and 14mm.

Yes, I have a Baader Morpheus 14mm EP and  I want either the 4.5mm or 6.5mm version too, but I can't justify getting one really as I own EP's already of that size (actually 6mm rather than 6.5mm), so every time I look at getting one I have to be strong not to press that order button! ???

On 16/02/2017 at 19:12, Alien 13 said:

I have done it by design, I like to have all my scopes and cameras set up as "kits" so will order duplicates of items like extensions, T adapters and filters etc so that each bag or case has everything required to operate without having to swap things around.

Alan

Good lord, have you seen the price of 3nm Astrodons :eek:?

Actually I already have two complete imaging rigs set up on my mount, but they're different fl.

2 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Good lord, have you seen the price of 3nm Astrodons :eek:?

Actually I already have two complete imaging rigs set up on my mount, but they're different fl.

I meant camera lens filters :laugh: but I do have duplicates of screwdrivers hex keys etc with each bit of kit that needs them too, I spent to much time working in aerospace companies with Lean, Seven Sigma...

Alan

Archived