Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Have you ever ordered something you already have?

Knighty2112

I was doing some maintenance on my Celestron Nexstar 4SE OTA the other night (due to boredom from continuous cloud cover and lack of anything good on the TV), and realised that because the holder tube for the EPs to fit into on the scope to view with is quite close to the OTA tube itself, when the EPs have a top part that overhangs the lower barrel it becomes awkward to tighten the two screws easily that hold the EP in position in the holder. Looking on t'internet for a short 1.25" extension tube to solve this  I found one for £20 + p&p. I was just about to hit the order button when I remembered that I actually already had a 1.25" extension tube that I got with my Lunt Wedge, which works a treat in the Celestron scope.

So, as my astronomy gear seems to have grown exponentially over the last year and a bit (now sprawling into two rooms even), I wonder if others have actually ordered some Astro related gear up that they had forgotten that they already have? ??? If so what was it? 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have done it by design, I like to have all my scopes and cameras set up as "kits" so will order duplicates of items like extensions, T adapters and filters etc so that each bag or case has everything required to operate without having to swap things around.

Alan

4 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

I have done it by design, I like to have all my scopes and cameras set up as "kits" so will order duplicates of items like extensions, T adapters and filters etc so that each bag or case has everything required to operate without having to swap things around.

Alan

Good planning, although the bank account must have taken a hit! ???Hehe! 

Just now, Knighty2112 said:

Not quite. I have a good range of EPs too, but have also been considering getting a good zoom EP also. :) 

Fair enough Gus!  It does have its advantages I suppose, and I've found that focusing is better done at the high mag end of the scale.

Doug.

Just now, Knighty2112 said:

Good planning, although the bank account must have taken a hit! ???Hehe! 

I have been caught out a few times before when a vital cable or adapter is in another bag or worse still put in a "safe place" never to be found again :icon_biggrin:

Alan

1 minute ago, Alien 13 said:

I have been caught out a few times before when a vital cable or adapter is in another bag or worse still put in a "safe place" never to be found again :icon_biggrin:

Alan

Ah yes! Those 'safe places' that seem to suck things out of existence like a black hole! My girlfriend is an expert at finding these 'safe places', where she then stashes things away never for them to ever See the light of day again! I think the things end up in a parallel universe somewhere! Yikes! :( 

Not quite, but nearly. I was ordering a Herschel wedge from FLO. I had put all the details in. Pressed the purchase button and zap....the computer crashed. I rebooted the computer and checked my FLO account and no sign of my order, so I went through the process again. Next morning I got an email from FLO asking if I really wanted 2 wedges. Thanks to the usual efficient service provided by FLO I cancelled one and saved my blushes.

1 minute ago, laudropb said:

Not quite, but nearly. I was ordering a Herschel wedge from FLO. I had put all the details in. Pressed the purchase button and zap....the computer crashed. I rebooted the computer and checked my FLO account and no sign of my order, so I went through the process again. Next morning I got an email from FLO asking if I really wanted 2 wedges. Thanks to the usual efficient service provided by FLO I cancelled one and saved my blushes.

Great service from FLO yet again! Excellent! :) clap clap clap clap clap

Archived