NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Make a 10 year old girl smile.

johnfosteruk

So fellow SGLers, Jess, my 10 yo niece loves the hobby and when she was over last week she's founded a club - Starfinders (can you guess she'd just watched Ghostbusters? :))

She's drawn up a logo, scanned it and enhanced in Photoshop (all her own work) and even got a member or too from her class who are interested, I'm hooking up with parents to arrange some outreach sessions soon. Mine's been turned into a sticker and stuck to my scopes.

Anyhoo, what I'm asking is, here's the logo, anyone who wants to make her smile, can print it, then take a pic of it attached to your gear, or you holding it by your gear, or anything else you feel is amusing and suitable for a 10yo, then post it back here. You'll be honorary members :)

When she's over next I may well talk to her about a membership card or something as well so you may get something to show for it :thumbsup:

Thanks chaps and chapesses.

starfinder single.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lovely idea.  Later today or tomorrow you may receive a photo from a rather well known celebrity, if I can get him to become an affiliate member.  I have no observatory but am happy to stick a logo on my two telescopes.  I will send pictures soon.

Also give her my best wishes.

Tony

1 hour ago, oobydooby said:

A lovely idea.  Later today or tomorrow you may receive a photo from a rather well known celebrity, if I can get him to become an affiliate member.  I have no observatory but am happy to stick a logo on my two telescopes.  I will send pictures soon.

Also give her my best wishes.

Tony

Intriguing. And yes, I'll pass on your best wishes

Honorary Correspondant.pdf

John - Print this off if you like! The Corporation does exist and I am the president - the astronomy section is a bit lax however. Jess is the second member, I am the first!

I do try to do a bit of informal outreach with local schools however, so maybe in the near future I could try to organise a real link between Jess's group and some children in Chile.

Best wishes, Patrick

That's terrific Patrick and will put a huge smile on her face. When/if things do happen formally with her class I'll drop you a pm about the school thing and in the meantime I'll get together with her dad and her teacher for a chat. 

Thanks again. 

6 hours ago, jabeoo1 said:

Cool :)

This thread is going to be interesting ! 

Seems you were right, already. ? 

This is a great thread, a really novel idea to get the young engage. 

I'll try and post something but my printer's a bit iffy. If I can't tell her I'm with her in spirit.

Great if Patrick can start an international link.

You never know where this may lead. Great oaks from small acorns etc.

3 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

It all counts Paul, thanks for taking part :)

On another note nice to see Counter Strike.

Love Counter Strike. Ive been playing it since i was about 25. I'm still rubbish. My preferred position on the team is as a sniper. Out of sight......out of mind. My online handle used to be "SniperWolf".

Archived