NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Make a 10 year old girl smile.

johnfosteruk

7 hours ago, Paz said:

I've just come in from the cold having had a rare Monday night session taking advantage of the first clear sky for a little while. I must have had a good luck charm!

CIMG8068.JPG

Mine's a good luck charm too! - with it on my tripod leg (see earlier post) last night I managed to finally see M51.  Just a faint blur, but two distinct patches, so a great result!

Doug.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/11/2016 at 18:32, Saganite said:

Honoured to be a member of your club Jess :happy11:

Fabulous Steve. Thanks mate.

Update on plans for this little lot. Jess doesn't know about this, what we're planning is to print all these photos, Patrick's certificate and any other random contributions and make up a little album/book for her. Some of the names will be familiar as she regularly browses the forum with me looking at eye candy and reading observing reports.

Since she'd already spoken of making membership cards I think we'll make up some little cards for the chaps/chappesses that have 'joined' from here. If you're comfortable giving me your address, when the time comes we'll laminate them up and send them out or if not I'll give you a digital copy. It's all for Jess, but I think it'll be nice for you guys to have a token of mine and The Present Mrs Foster's appreciation and something to stick on your Obsy pinboards :)

I'll see what else is posted over the next week or so and get on to it.

Thanks again to all those who've taken part. 

7 minutes ago, Dave Lloyd said:

I`d like to join the Starfinders Club please.

Consider yourself an official member.

Apparantly membership brings good luck Dave, just ask Doug and Paz :headbang2:

By the way, I'd like to see a little more action from the international contingent I'd hate to see Patrick having to do all the work :)

15 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I've had the first two clear nights for a month since joining!

Me too! I even got a reasonable view of a couple of firsts for me, M1 hanging like the smoke left after a huge firework(which is sort of what it is) and NGC2300 an off-the-beaten-path elliptical galaxy. Good times!

• 2 weeks later...

James, you're in :)

So a little update for you all. Jess is now in the know and is absolutely delighted, the intended results have been achieved - she's beaming from ear to ear (see pics - Steve yours took pride of place but she's equally excited about all of the photos and even named a few bits of gear :)

Patrick, she's really enthused about doing something with some kids from a school at your end, we'll talk when you're ready sir (there's some correspondence on the way - with her being a correspondent and all)

Everybody else who's posted so far, thank you ever so much for your efforts.

And a little note to you all from Jess:-

Hello Starfinders!!

Thank you for all your effort and help, I really appreciate it.

All of your photos are absolutely amazing, they've made my heart feel full of joy.

I will be sending membership cards after Christmas, I'm busy getting ready for Santa at the moment :)

Thanks a lot from Jess

IMG_2986.JPG

IMG_2985.JPG

2 hours ago, cloudsweeper said:

Thanks for the messages John and Jess.  I have transferred my badge to the tripod leg, where it shall remain proudly on display!

I look forward to further news about Jess's great project!

Doug (on the cloudy SW Lancs. coast).

Thanks Doug, wear it with pride sir :)

53 minutes ago, Dave Lloyd said:

Jess, astro photographer of the year 2026.

Cheers Dave, now you come to mention it she captured and processed a lunar shot the other month, I might see if it qualifies for the junior section.

44 minutes ago, oobydooby said:

Hi Jess.  I was so busy getting Santa interested in your club I forgot to put a sticker on my telescope.  I had better get busy and send a picture, I would hate to miss out on a membership.

I think your work in that area (which must have been considerable!) guarantees you a spot, but we're looking forward to a photo as well.

Thanks again all.

J

Clear skies

President of an astro club at the age of 10............

The futures looking bright (and i dont mean with light pollution).

Looking forward to my membership card arriving in the new year. I'll have to fill out my application form and email it to the club secretary (yeah that means you John).

Plans are afoot to have a sticker printed up and will take pride of place on the back of my wheelchair. Either that, or a tattoo.

Bazinga !!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

President of an astro club at the age of 10............

I know, but we won't let it go to her head :)

I'll have to fill out my application form and email it to the club secretary (yeah that means you John).

I think I'm going to have my hands full with this, we're talking about a blog and a newsletter as well, plus I'm thinking of a children's astronomy guide written at least in part by a child. Even if nothing comes of it we'll have kept her busy :happy11:

or a tattoo.

That I can't wait to see Paul. :headbang: 

Archived