NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Make a 10 year old girl smile.

johnfosteruk

3 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

I dont think you could pull rank on us even if you wanted to, what with you you being a #2 (and what not).

LOL.

I'll just send Jess after you, what with her being a #1 (and what not). 

And I can assure you, it's for the best that doesn't happen, so there.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

I'll just send Jess after you, what with her being a #1 (and what not). 

And I can assure you, it's for the best that doesn't happen, so there.

Jess is the founding member. If she asks me to do the ice bucket challenge (or whatever), i will do so dutifully. 

Im setting myself up for a fall here. I'll quit while im ahead.

On 16/02/2017 at 12:13, steppenwolf said:

Thank you Jess/John, my membership card has just arrived and judging by my membership number, I too am a founder member :icon_biggrin:

You're welcome Steve and I'd like to thank you publicly for the donation of the book to Jess and the club, she's almost finished reading it to my surprise. Her brain is like a little hoover.

Also, to my amusement she had to explain some of the stuff in the book to her teacher!!

Just recieved my card in the post and hereby accept my new title of star finder#30 and have added it to my signature as such.

As a new member of this elite club I do have to ask president Jess a question though- how soon before we have a 'starfinders star party'? Possibly a bit late in the season for one at this end of the year but how about planning one for sometime in the autumn? During jess's October holidays perhaps? Just a thought!!

Popeye.

On 17/02/2017 at 12:47, johnfosteruk said:

You're welcome Steve and I'd like to thank you publicly for the donation of the book to Jess and the club, she's almost finished reading it to my surprise. Her brain is like a little hoover.

Also, to my amusement she had to explain some of the stuff in the book to her teacher!!

I'm astonished that she has waded through it - that young girl will far! I'm not sure that I should be encouraging her and her friends to turn to the 'dark side' just yet though......

John

I have a problem.

My membership card arrived on Friday morning. I dropped it on the floor and the dog promptly picked it up with her mouth and proceeded to eat it. Is there any chance that you would have a digital copy of it which you could email,pm me and i'll get it printed off.

Thanks 

Paul (Starfinders Member #0008). I might be Member #0009. I had such a brief look at it before the dog got her laughing chops around it.

1 minute ago, johnfosteruk said:

That sir is a classic comedy moment, Of course I'll PM it in a moment, but tell the hound she's off my Xmas card list!!! :)

She's off mine too. I was disgusted with her. In my house, the dog seems to think anything which is on the floor is hers. 

• 4 months later...

I thought it about time I give you all an update. 

The star finders membership is growing, nearly every one in the school is a member now!! 

However, due to some challenges at the school the astronomy club proper is yet to get off the ground. The HM is having to deal with budget cuts. He's already had to cut one other after school activity (hopefully) temporarily, various other cuts and he's on the verge of losing a teacher. So as well as financial issues (which we could have got around using my own equipment) he's also incredibly busy managing things he'd rather not be managing. (not an invite to discussion here, just an update!! Remember the rules)

On to more positive things though, I was talking to him last week and he's hoping we can be in a position for the new year/term in September to kick things off, there's no shortage of willing participants, and I've got Jess doing a bit of groundwork for me planting some seeds in their minds!!!

Jess is still loving the hobby, lots of firsts in the last few months. I might try to prise her notebook from her and post some of her reports.

I'm also hoping we can get something together outside of the school later in the summer. A few parents are curious and seem to be into the idea of being 'outreached at' along with their offspring

SO, onwards and upwards, all being well in the Autumn we'll have some progress to report.

Clear skies Starfinders.

Thanks for the update John - glad to hear the group is thriving, and that Jess is gaining in astro-experience.  Tell her to keep up the good work!

Looking forward to further reports of the Starfinders' progress,

Doug (member 0005).

Archived