Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from West Wales

SuperNovae

Hi, my name is SuperNovae and I am a 15 year old amateur astronomer. I currently have a Celestron AstroMaster 130 telescope. This  around £140 on Amazon and I recommend anyone who is looking for their first telescope to purchase this one. I have had no problems with the telescope and get see celestial bodies relatively clear. I am a new member at stargazers lounge and I am looking forward to meeting you all. :)

Hi SuperNovae, welcome to SGL. You have a good starter scope there. You will find plenty of knowledgeable and entertaining people on here. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

where abouts in Wales are you, what's the light pollution like. Rest assured aperture fever will soon set in and a scope upgrade will follow soon after. What are your main objects of interest or are you still at the stage where everything is exciting?

Greetings and welcome to SGL - it's great to have you aboard here!

As Ian says above, don't be afraid to ask questions here - something we love here is to help find answers to questions, and to share the knowledge we already have.

Soon you'll be the one helping to find answers to other's questions!

Clear & dark skies,

Dave

Hello and welcome, S G L is a wealth of knowledge, if you need any help or information

just post your thread in the relevant forum, hope you enjoy this great community.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's 

13 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Hi SuperNovae, welcome to SGL. You have a good starter scope there. You will find plenty of knowledgeable and entertaining people on here. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

where abouts in Wales are you, what's the light pollution like. Rest assured aperture fever will soon set in and a scope upgrade will follow soon after. What are your main objects of interest or are you still at the stage where everything is exciting?

I live around Carmarthen, or more specifically Lampeter. Where I live hardly has any light pollution and it is a very nice area for viewing stars and planets. I  am fully devoted to astronomy as I have read many books such as 'Neil deGrasse Tyson's Origins' book, 'The Martian' from Andy Weir and also Stephen Hawking's book 'A Brief History Of Time'. I also spend my free time learning new aspects of astronomy, such as dark matter and dark energy, and watch the amazing documentary 'Cosmos - A Space time Odyssey'.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived