Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

UK Astro Buy & Sell

Jimtheslim

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I replied to an add a month or so ago interested in buying a scope, never got a reply back to my email at all. Thought it might have already sold & that they had not updated the ad, then saw the seller repost their ad again, so it was still up for sale. In the end I found another scope instead. Whether this is common, or just a small problem I'm not fully sure, but I have bought a few other things from there with no problems.

There have been times when I have a number of items for sale and have had lots of replies and don't always get back to everyone that quickly.

There is also the chance that replies have gone into a spam filter so go unnoticed, that has happened to me too.

I've only been a buyer so far - sometimes sellers have replied to my email and I've not realised at first as it went into my spam. I noticed quite a few things go into spam that should not - which kind of defeats its purpose! Now I usually check my spam when I check my normal inbox.

2 minutes ago, Jimtheslim said:

lol, I have been trying to buy the BGO 6mm listed on there for the quoted price

It is a bit strange that you have had no reply, have you tried searching by the sellers name and then contacting them ? This may be another avenue to try.

I wish sellers would remove their ads when the item is no longer for sale.  

I think it is very impolite not to reply to people, though I can understand the annoyance at a ridiculously low offer. I still think I would reply though even if it was just to say absolutely not. 

Carole 

6 minutes ago, carastro said:

I wish sellers would remove their ads when the item is no longer for sale.  

I think it is very impolite not to reply to people, though I can understand the annoyance at a ridiculously low offer. I still think I would reply though even if it was just to say absolutely not. 

Carole 

Maybe Carol.... but a chancer knows what they are doing and if I wanted to sell something for half the price I would have advertised it as so. If they had made a reasonable offer I would have course replied, and indeed I do 99% of the time

I guess it can be due to one of the following reasons:

- item sold and seller doesn't bother to reply;

- seller doesn't like your offer;

- email wrongly labeled as spam;

- the seller received too many emails and forgot to reply or didn't see yours.

Personally, as a buyer I always received a reply. As a seller I have always replied even to refuse offers.

19 minutes ago, astro mick said:

Dont worry about it, it was a general statement on my part,no offence meant.

Mick.

LoL nor me you Mick ... I too was generalising.... I don't think I have come across any existing members on this sight that are in that mould.

Unfortunately the actions of a few whatever the reasons can leave you thinking negatively about a site. I have used AB&S and Ebay as well many times. 99% of the time it has been a very positive experience,  but have been "let down" on both a couple of times. I would not put this off me using them though. 

Have you checked your "junk" folder just in case the response has gone there?

Also you could post an advert on AB&S asking the seller to contact you.

Just as a point: seller is likely a person on SGL so before everyone goes criticising them for being amongst the lowest form of life in the universe keep it in mind. Have seen it happen with a seller just down the road from me. Heavily criticised for no reply, then they appeared here and said "Difficult to reply, been on vacation for 5 days. Thanks for the comments." They were very unamused and are a rare visitor to SGL now..

Would guess that for some reason the email to them was hauled out by the spam filter and they just did not see it. Also think that the ABSUK site may have filtering in place, they had a problem somne time back with fraudsters and put bits into the system.

If it is the one I am reading then there were other options available.

24 minutes ago, ronin said:

Just as a point: seller is likely a person on SGL so before everyone goes criticising them for being amongst the lowest form of life in the universe keep it in mind. Have seen it happen with a seller just down the road from me. Heavily criticised for no reply, then they appeared here and said "Difficult to reply, been on vacation for 5 days. Thanks for the comments." They were very unamused and are a rare visitor to SGL now..

Would guess that for some reason the email to them was hauled out by the spam filter and they just did not see it. Also think that the ABSUK site may have filtering in place, they had a problem somne time back with fraudsters and put bits into the system.

If it is the one I am reading then there were other options available.

It may a bit old fashioned,  but you can not beat a good natter on the phone :icon_biggrin:  I would also guess your email has blocked for some reason. 

Currently waiting for an ABS reply to a message I sent 2 hours, ago,  I do hope the seller gets back to me as until I hear from him/her I have no idea if the item is still for sale going on past experience. 

Carole 

1 hour ago, carastro said:

Currently waiting for an ABS reply to a message I sent 2 hours, ago,  I do hope the seller gets back to me as until I hear from him/her I have no idea if the item is still for sale going on past experience. 

Carole 

I enquired about something about 3 weeks ago and never heard back

Archived