Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just missed out!

Thalestris24

10 minutes ago, StuartJPP said:

If you bid the most you are willing to spend at the last minute you will never be disappointed...

I must admit (and regret!) that I only bid £55 and it went for £62. I think a dealer got it. It would have been worth a bid of £70 or even £75. Sigh.

Louise

A few years ago you couldn't give these types of lenses away but the availability of adapters and chipped adapters makes them good for not only AP but video work too, I paid over £100 for my mint 50 mm Takumar. The Olympus OM mount lenses will also achieve infinity focus with an adapter and are often better priced.

Alan

5 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

A few years ago you couldn't give these types of lenses away.

You're telling me.

I have a vivitar series 1 200mm f/3 not the common 3.5 not being used.

Currently one in ebay at £136, might have to part with it.

5 minutes ago, hobsey said:

You're telling me.

I have a vivitar series 1 200mm f/3 not the common 3.5 not being used.

Currently one in ebay at £136, might have to part with it.

Nice lens, I have the common f/3.5 one in mint condition and had to pay a fair bit at the time from e-bay but it does look the part on the camera and is still used for video work.

Alan

2 hours ago, Thalestris24 said:

I must admit (and regret!) that I only bid £55 and it went for £62. I think a dealer got it. It would have been worth a bid of £70 or even £75. Sigh.

Louise

I used to use a sniping program but it became too fiddly to use, eBay probably trying to snub it out.

If you bid too early then the item may gain unwanted attention so just make the single bid up to your maximum seconds before it ends then if it goes for higher...well it was more than you were willing to pay so no harm done. If it goes for less...bargain.

Some of these older and esoteric lenses can be quite good...but getting a bargain these days is much harder now because people are aware. They also pop up in charity shops occasionally though less frequent than they used to so worth keeping an eye out...

1 hour ago, StuartJPP said:

I used to use a sniping program but it became too fiddly to use, eBay probably trying to snub it out.

If you bid too early then the item may gain unwanted attention so just make the single bid up to your maximum seconds before it ends then if it goes for higher...well it was more than you were willing to pay so no harm done. If it goes for less...bargain.

Some of these older and esoteric lenses can be quite good...but getting a bargain these days is much harder now because people are aware. They also pop up in charity shops occasionally though less frequent than they used to so worth keeping an eye out...

I appeared to be the only bidder right up until the very end - damn snipers! I'm tempted to complain to Ebay as it's manifestly unfair.... Still licking my wounds as I was really looking forward to getting it. I'll live - time heals.

Louise

Bid what you're prepared to pay - not less in the hope of getting it cheap. If it sells for less then you get the bargain. I used to use a sniper but it was more trouble than it was worth, and you still have to enter a max bid into the sniper!

ChrisH

Archived