Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Me want....

estwing

Must be something else getting behind that monster.     He described his experience,  and you almost felt it was  yourself  at the focus staring at those objects. One can only dream I'm afraid but it would have to be a lotto win for me.    The Euro lotto is out,  since they made it dearer,  and more difficult.                       I really enjoyed reading that account of the Binoscope,  things really have moved on in Amateur Astronomy. 

Lovely jubbly. In my dreams, and all that. Bit of a jaw dropper, those binos!!

Might be better to be very rich, with a massive telescope and a servant to set it up for you. All you have to do is step outside and find some targets...

But I am worryingly having a change of heart regarding massive scopes...might need to get my head looked at..  :D

Fabulous night out there tonight but I have to be up early for work tomorrow and it takes a fair while to set up the 16" flextube..collimating, swearing, collimating again, putting up the LP screens, swearing at the ridiculously pointless street lights, cleaning EPs, digging out the warm clothing, digging out the step ladder, swearing again,cos I've fallen off it into a pit of slugs....I've just come back in after a quick session with the humble 15 x 70s bins with my youngest sprog and we've seen some amazing sights already. Might go out there again before I turn in for the night and won't have to worry about the scope dewing over...any LP and I can walk my bins to a darker spot in the garden...

Yes, I shall book a session with the psychologist tomorrow...don't like where I'm headed, LOL...somebody help me!

17 minutes ago, Beulah said:

Lovely jubbly. In my dreams, and all that. Bit of a jaw dropper, those binos!!

Might be better to be very rich, with a massive telescope and a servant to set it up for you. All you have to do is step outside and find some targets...

But I am worryingly having a change of heart regarding massive scopes...might need to get my head looked at..  :D

Fabulous night out there tonight but I have to be up early for work tomorrow and it takes a fair while to set up the 16" flextube..collimating, swearing, collimating again, putting up the LP screens, swearing at the ridiculously pointless street lights, cleaning EPs, digging out the warm clothing, digging out the step ladder, swearing again,cos I've fallen off it into a pit of slugs....I've just come back in after a quick session with the humble 15 x 70s bins with my youngest sprog and we've seen some amazing sights already. Might go out there again before I turn in for the night and won't have to worry about the scope dewing over...any LP and I can walk my bins to a darker spot in the garden...

Yes, I shall book a session with the psychologist tomorrow...don't like where I'm headed, LOL...somebody help me!

Nothing wrong with small grab an go optics, be it binos or a little frac on AZ mount, i set up and bang in came the cloud, a lot of swearing, just about resisted the urge to lob the scope over the fence! clouds to scopes are like seagulls to chips, they just swoop in from no where

Seeing our surroundings with our own eyes is soooooo much more feelingful / meaningful that our current tech can currently give, even if current tech does show us what our eye sight can't see (stereo tech included).

I gave up imaging because of how flat the end results always were - 2D images over and over again.

I'd love to experience a nice stereo telescope like that .. eye sight is never guaranteed for life - for ANYONE.

Archived