Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Uranus with the ASI 174MM.

Owmuchonomy

I didn't really know where to start with this and it looks pretty bit puny compared to other great shots on here but it's definitely there! C9.25", Powermate 2.5x and ASI 174MM. 90 seconds of SER capture.

Mono:

Uranus2_10_16.jpg

False colour:

UranusFC2_10_16.jpg

41 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Nice job though you will need something like a RG610 filter and something more like 15-30 minutes of capture to stand a chance of getting any detail.

Hi Freddie, yes I must try harder. I have a Baader IR pass handy somewhere. It gets higher of course over the next few weeks which helps.

Hi Freddie is correct, at least 15 mins continues capture, better still 30 mins, though rotation will occur at those lengths. De rotation can be applied though, if anything interesting showed up. No need to worry about that if only banding showed up.  A 610 filter and very long captures will help a lot for any detail.  As Freddie mentioned. Btw my images are heavily resized

My Capture size is puny too. Good first attempt, its not even easy to find it, be certain it is Uranus and get it on the chip in some occasions

• 1 month later...

I find the ASI174MM to be fantastic for Lunar work--but the pixels are a little on the big side for my taste when it comes to the planets (even the Moon to tell you the truth).  Big FOV though for the Moon so i live with it.  But as others have said the 224 (or 220) produce BIG planets.  You shots are very nice, and way better than what I can do.

Archived